SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:31:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA 14-State Poll Release  (Read 7525 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 17, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »

Pretty bad news for Obama there.

I'll add them.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »

Hah:  McCain is within MoE of Obama among Kentucky Democrats.  Ouchies.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »

Young people in Kentucky must really hate Obama.  Clinton also does better among African-Americans, so I don't know what happened there.

Also, why can't Obama seem to do well in Massachusetts?  This still baffles me.

They really like the Clintons there... I truly believe that has a lot to do with it. 

....and racism.

I haven't seen any polls out of Rhode Island, but is there any similar effect noticable?

A SurveyUSA one on 2/28 had Obama +15 and Clinton +17.

A Brown University poll on 2/10 had Obama +12 and Clinton +11.  The same poll found Clinton leading Obama in the primary, 36%-28% with 27% saying they would vote for Uncommitted and 9% undecided.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CANDIDATE THEN YOU A RACIST SIR, A GODDAMN DIRTY RACIST!!!!!!!11

Seriously though, while simple racism is a factor in some areas, other things are always at work. If Barack Obama was as white as his mother and called Dave Jones he'd still be polling badly relative to Clinton in the places where that's happening now.

Were this polls done after the bitter thing [question mark]

Monday, so yes.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »

Yes, it all comes down to how Survey defines a region.  heck, they never ever give anyone any indication of exactly how they define that region of any state they poll.  Kind of frustrating really.

I'm sure if you emailed them, they'd be happy to provide the information.  In some places it's pretty obvious.  They do it by county (although I'm not sure if exchanges go by county...but it seems like they often add up to logical %s, county-wise).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »

they poll 14 states. 14 chosen states. And one of them is Kansas. Not Florida. Not Pennsylvania. Not Nevada. Not Colorado. Not even New Jersey or Montana, Rhode Island or North Dakota. But KANSAS!

They poll on commission.  They dropped a few states this time around for some reason.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »

they poll 14 states. 14 chosen states. And one of them is Kansas. Not Florida. Not Pennsylvania. Not Nevada. Not Colorado. Not even New Jersey or Montana, Rhode Island or North Dakota. But KANSAS!

They poll on commission.  They dropped a few states this time around for some reason.

I understand that, but who in their right mind commissions a poll on Kansas? I know you like to slap senate races in my face when I make these glaring accusations against pollsters, but I don't believe there is any competitive race going on in Kansas this year, correct?

It's a pretty small part of a news station's budget, and that's who does it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »

The smallest media market in the United States, Glendive, Montana's, has a news station that serves just over 9,000 people.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »

Not if he'd focused on Colorado, Missouri, and West Virginia, the way a Democrat should.

He could have just written off the whole right-to-scab world except Iowa and still won.

Al Gore lost Colorado by over 8 points.

But that's OK.  Instead he should have focused on ending the rampant fraud in Kentucky where he clearly received a 2-to-1 victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies