Ranking the Presidents from top to buttom
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 02:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Ranking the Presidents from top to buttom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Ranking the Presidents from top to buttom  (Read 25512 times)
Umengus
Belgium

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2004, 11:22:39 AM »

sorry, it's maybe the humor of Belgium... But in Europa, we (and Michael Moore too?) think (wrongly?) that Bush junior is the most stupid president of USA (never seen).

I don't know if american people are stupid too but a study  has shown that USA and french were the most stupid people of the world. But I don't believe in this study...Wink  
dunn

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2004, 11:27:20 AM »

sorry, it's maybe the humor of Belgium... But in Europa, we (and Michael Moore too?) think (wrongly?) that Bush junior is the most stupid president of USA (never seen).

I don't know if american people are stupid too but a study  has shown that USA and french were the most stupid people of the world. But I don't believe in this study...Wink  

I knoe a french who says belgian are just stupid french....
no ofence
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2004, 11:32:46 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2004, 11:36:17 AM by Umengus »

French doesn't like Belgian. They make always jokes on the belgians but Belgians make  jokes on french too.
Les Français ne sont que des "mangeurs de grenouilles" alors pourquoi avoir du respect pour des gens pareils?  

More seriously, I think that there are lots of people who are stupid,  and not only in USA but everywhere in the world...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2004, 12:33:34 PM »

French Presidents (5th Republic)

De Gaulle
Pompediu (spelt wrong I think)
Giscard D'Esteigne (spelt wrong I think)
Mitterand
Chirac

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2004, 12:36:24 PM »

French Presidents (5th Republic)

De Gaulle
Pompediu (spelt wrong I think)
Giscard D'Esteigne (spelt wrong I think)
Mitterand
Chirac

I knew these as well, it's easy due to the long terms.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2004, 02:17:30 PM »

Top 10:

#1 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
#2 John F. Kennedy (D)
#3 Abraham Lincoln (R)
#4 George Washington (D-R)
#5 Ronald Reagan* (R)
#5 Harry S Truman (D)
#6 Theodore Roosevelt (R)
#7 Grover Cleveland (D)
#8 Bill Clinton (D)
#9 Richard Nixon (R)
#10 James Monroe (D-R)

* I may not agreed with Reagan's tactics in dealing with the Eastern Bloc, but he was a major cause of the collapse of the Soviet Union.

5 Democrats there, 3 Republicans and 2 Democratic-Republicans, reasonable spread I would say.....
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2004, 02:30:13 PM »

OK, those who would be in my top 10 list, in no particular order yet, would be the follwoing:

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

Well, those are all that qualify right now...to be continued, I guess...

That's 2 Dems and 2 Reps from te time when those labels are applicable.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2004, 02:32:33 PM »

OK, those who would be in my top 10 list, in no particular order yet, would be the follwoing:

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

are you not counting lincoln as a republican?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2004, 02:33:35 PM »

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

Too far back imo. The parties were so different back then that it makes little sense I think, but if you want me to, I can write him down as a Rep...
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2004, 02:41:56 PM »

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

Too far back imo. The parties were so different back then that it makes little sense I think, but if you want me to, I can write him down as a Rep...

was just wondering why you didn't......
dunn

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2004, 02:46:17 PM »

Lincoln
FDR
Washington
TR
Truman
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2004, 04:00:45 PM »

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

You don't need 2 and 2.  I'm not asking for an affirmative action program here.  I just wanted some balance.  If this is how you feel then great, but don't just split it to get diversity.  That's not what I wanted.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2004, 04:06:48 PM »

Reagan

Washington

FDR

Truman

Lincoln

Jefferson

Eisenhower

You don't need 2 and 2.  I'm not asking for an affirmative action program here.  I just wanted some balance.  If this is how you feel then great, but don't just split it to get diversity.  That's not what I wanted.

Lol, don't worry, I'm not an AA kind of person, I can assure you. This is how I feel...but maybe I should try and unbalance it a little now so it doesn't look to AAed... Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2004, 05:57:48 PM »

Intelligence has little to do with job performance at the executive level.  Its more about consistency, ideology, and character.
zachman

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2004, 06:19:05 PM »

The average American is stupid. The educated American is well-studied.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2004, 06:37:34 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2004, 06:38:36 PM by supersoulty »

WOW...  You are the poster-child for liberal elitisim.

PS  How can you really believe that?  I suppose that you don't consider yourself amoung the 'average' then?
zachman

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2004, 07:08:40 PM »

I'm not. I'm the 2 time state geography champ.
MarkDel

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2004, 08:38:09 PM »

Zachman,

If you're so smart, why won't you come out of your hole and respond to the questions I posed to you earlier in this thread? I would LOVE to debate that topic with you.
zachman

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2004, 08:40:57 PM »

What question?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2004, 08:50:48 PM »

I'm not. I'm the 2 time state geography champ.

And that some how makes you better than everyone else?
zachman

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »

I am from an over educated family. And take school too seriously. I do have an intellectual supremacy complex inside of me.

Last summer I went to a boarding school for summer school. It was great fun! Anyways the American crowd was overwhelmingly from the Northeast, high-tech Texas, and California, with the exception of a large group of black students from Jackson Mississippi. Anyways, the over-educated, intellectual core of America is in the Northeast and the west coast. I think thats how I got into this mess.

On a different subject I will rank the top five presidents:

1. Lincoln (he took care of slavery, and the whining South)
2. TR (He taught the Republican Party many great things)
3. Washington (he gave us a strong start)
4. Truman (Cold War, end of World War II, and changed the tone on the issue of civil rights)
5. FDR (He's a tough one, he did a lot of things wrong, but what he did right was essential)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2004, 09:11:05 PM »

Oh, who's studying them?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2004, 09:43:04 PM »

I am from an over educated family. And take school too seriously. I do have an intellectual supremacy complex inside of me.

Last summer I went to a boarding school for summer school. It was great fun! Anyways the American crowd was overwhelmingly from the Northeast, high-tech Texas, and California, with the exception of a large group of black students from Jackson Mississippi. Anyways, the over-educated, intellectual core of America is in the Northeast and the west coast. I think thats how I got into this mess.

On a different subject I will rank the top five presidents:

1. Lincoln (he took care of slavery, and the whining South)
2. TR (He taught the Republican Party many great things)
3. Washington (he gave us a strong start)
4. Truman (Cold War, end of World War II, and changed the tone on the issue of civil rights)
5. FDR (He's a tough one, he did a lot of things wrong, but what he did right was essential)

How well educated you are has nothing to do with how intellegent you are.  Einstien flunked out of school twice.  The average IQ of a person who goes to Harvard or Yale is really not that much higher than the IQ of the average college student.

For those of you who think Bush is stupid, he has an IQ of 129.  That's well above average intellegence, average being 100.  Which brings me to a point.  Many of you think that southerners are stupid because they talk a certain way, or act a certain way or aren't as well educated.  Well, IQ is the measure of intellegence, did you know that an IQ sampling from an Inuit fishing villiage in Canada or a tribal village in Africa is NO Different from a sampling taken in Boston, NYC or LA?

IQ data on Clinton doesn't exist, but it can be assumed that his IQ was closer to average than Bush's, because people with average IQ's teand to have better people skills.  In fact people who are judged to have excellent people skills often fall in the 110-120 range in IQ.

But does having a higher IQ make you superior to others?  Of course not because people of average IQ's RUN SOCIETY.  People of average IQ's control the world.  They are in every aspect of business and government.  You may even know some of these people, Zachman.

At any rate, it is rather arrogent for you to run around assumeing that you are better than others or somehow have earned the right to proclaim your superiority over a LARGE area of the population.  I don't go around bragging about it, anbd infact when people ask, I will never tell them, but I have an IQ of 145.  That 5 points above what MENSA considers genius.  I also have a learning disability that, amoung other things, makes spelling words I don't use reagularly difficult for me.  It isn't a major hinderence to my life, but it illustrates a principle: we are all mortal in some way.  I certainly don't go around pretending that I'm  better than others because I'm a genius.  I don't care.  Means nothing to me.  I don't go around thinking, 'Hmmm, I'm smarter than them', because that's just not me.  I don't have to feel superior to someone inorder to feel good about myself.

Truth is that we are all humans.  God made us who we are and he loves all of us equally.  He blessed everone with individual gifts and talents.  To write off 1/3+ of the population as being 'stupid' because they don't match-up to your standards, or don't believe the same things you do is an afront to God's creation and I think that everyone should find it personally offensive.  
zachman

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2004, 10:03:54 PM »

I don't care about IQ. Its really the conditions you are raised in that effect how your education will go. I am not talking about where people are bright and gifted . I do realize that my prejudices are prejudiced, and I am trying to understand exactly what is behind them by explaining them.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »

I don't care about IQ. Its really the conditions you are raised in that effect how your education will go. I am not talking about where people are bright and gifted . I do realize that my prejudices are prejudiced, and I am trying to understand exactly what is behind them by explaining them.

But you certainly care about education, as though it was the be all end all of everything.  You certainly seem to think that southerners (and probably indirectly, rural people in general) are intellectually inferior to yourself.  And you clearly stated.

Quote from: zachman on Today at 06:19:05pm
The average American is stupid.

I think that this is the root of the discussion.  You say you are bias, but seem to make no effort to change.  You simply go on with this pattern.  So what's the issue?  If you admit that your prejudices are wrong (which you haven't) then it is not that hard to change your thinking.  Seems to me that you have made no great effor to do so.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies