Note to StatesRights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:11:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Note to StatesRights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Note to StatesRights  (Read 4933 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2004, 02:29:14 PM »

IF IT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE EUROPE TO THINK ABOUT EUROPE FIRST THEN WHY DO REPUBLICANS CATCH HELL FROM THE DEMONCRATS WHEN WE SAY "AMERICA FIRST"?

Nomo relies first of all does not count.

Second, America should think for America first, and it does.  And it always has in my opinion.

Then why do I keep hearing the attacks about supposedly "going it alone".
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2004, 02:39:09 PM »

Because many people believe that the war was not necessary.
khirkhib

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2004, 02:39:38 PM »

Because we have effectively weekend our image, our clout and our power in the world.  We are not going to stay top dog by bullying countries.  We have to use various means of persuasion military and political to get our way.  The next time there is a really threat to US interests we WILL have a harder time convincing the world community to ally with us because we held so little regard to their opinions in the matter of Iraq.

I repeat.

the situation in Iraq has weekend the US standing in the world and does not serve our greater interests.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2004, 02:39:54 PM »

Because many people believe that the war was not necessary.

Some believed WW2 wasn't necessary either.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2004, 02:40:33 PM »

Yes a small minority did.  But how is that relevant?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2004, 02:41:24 PM »

Yes a small minority did.  But how is that relevant?

Because that war was key to our future..just like this one will turn out to be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

Well if you equate WWII with Iraq that's your own business.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2004, 02:45:18 PM »

Well if you equate WWII with Iraq that's your own business.

You deny the similarities.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

I suppose I do if you want to look at it like that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2004, 02:46:38 PM »

I suppose I do if you want to look at it like that.

But Hussein didn't go on any London blitz so it's hard to equate him to hitler.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2004, 02:47:44 PM »

the war on saddam was not truly a part of the war on terror.  however, the war on terror is a world war.

as sen. voinovich of ohio said, the cold war was WWIII and the war on terror is WWIV.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2004, 02:49:17 PM »

the war on saddam was not truly a part of the war on terror.  however, the war on terror is a world war.

as sen. voinovich of ohio said, the cold war was WWIII and the war on terror is WWIV.

Saddam aided and abetted terrorists, so how can it not relate?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2004, 02:54:19 PM »

rwn, it is odd that you of all people would be an admirer of sen. voinovich.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2004, 12:53:26 AM »

1. Bush supporting independents attack Kerry's military record. Bush stays silent. In retaliation, a Kerry supporting independent group attacks Bush's miltiary 'record'. Kerry condemns the ad. Who did the right thing? John Kerry, whether you support him or despise him did the right thing.

I think Bush did the rigt thing since its illegal to coordinate with 527s.  Kerry was one step shy of violating election law when he started condemning that ad, and he asked Bush to demand the Swiftvet ad be pulled, a clear violation of election law.

2. In 2000, again, independent Bush supporting groups ran ads against John McCain- firstly accusing him of the the same things that Kerry was accused of, and secondly, attacking the fact that John McCain had adopted a Vietnamese child.

McCain was accused of faking injuries and making up stories about Cambodia?  I don't think so.

3. American troops commited atrocities in Vietnam. End of story. Kerry, in the early 70's highlighted these atrocities. Unpatriotic? Backstabbing? No. Fast forward Iraq 2004, Lynsey England and the Iraqi torture photos show that American troops commited atrocities in Iraq. It happens, hell British troops did the same thing for years. That is not the point, NO-ONE should criticise anybody, whether a civilian or military personel, for highlighting lapses in sanity under pressure in war-zones.

John Kerry said atrocities "Took place one a day to day basis" with "full knowledge at all levels of command."  This was a lie.  Yes atrocities happenned, but to proclaim it all as part of a coordinated effort to brutalize the Vietnamese people is disgusting.

4. Kerry does not deserve to be attacked over his military record, and neither should Bush. They both deserve to be attacked and attack each about their policies in relation to the race for the presidency.

If Kerry makes his war record the core of his campaign, then his service is fair game.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »

1. Bush supporting independents attack Kerry's military record. Bush stays silent. In retaliation, a Kerry supporting independent group attacks Bush's miltiary 'record'. Kerry condemns the ad. Who did the right thing? John Kerry, whether you support him or despise him did the right thing.

I think Bush did the rigt thing since its illegal to coordinate with 527s.  Kerry was one step shy of violating election law when he started condemning that ad, and he asked Bush to demand the Swiftvet ad be pulled, a clear violation of election law.

How is it "coordinating" with the group to tell them that you don't like what they're doing and that you want them to stop?
JNB

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2004, 01:04:28 AM »

You know what is sad, that issues are no longer discussed. What Kerry did or what Bush did 30 + years ago does not apply to what is happening now, it does not impact my life, the policies they support will. Again, its sad it has come to this, but all it shows how mind numbed neo-cons/mainstream conservatives now are. Thankfully paleo-cons/paleo-libertarians can still think for themselves.
khirkhib

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2004, 01:38:53 AM »

but but but but JNB, if Kerry wasn't in Cambodia on Christmas day but rather just during Christmas time it means that we can't trust him.  Christ if he can lie so easily like that he could easily lie during a state of a union address and bring us into an unnecessary war.

God Lier lier pants on fire it is important to know that being willfully ignorant and representing theory as fact is just as bad as misleading.  Sure Bush has never LIED about the FACT that he used Cocaine in the 70's.  Just like he didn't LIE about thinking Iraq had WMDs but in the first he just doesn't say anything at all and his silence is his confirmation and in the second he overlooked or didn't even look at information that would eventually prove him contrary.
khirkhib

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2004, 03:51:01 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2004, 03:51:50 AM by khirkhib »

Hey StatesRights I found one of those 547 commercial's that is tearing this country asunder.

http://whitehousewest.com
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2004, 10:15:19 AM »

That's a good point. Why is Kerry advocating that Bush do something illegal?

On the bright side, maybe after this election we'll get some reall campaign finance reform that's based on freedom, instead of restricting the freedom of speech.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies