MN: Rasmussen: McCain by 1 in Minnesota against Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN: Rasmussen: McCain by 1 in Minnesota against Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN: Rasmussen: McCain by 1 in Minnesota against Clinton  (Read 1797 times)
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »

New Poll: Minnesota President by Rasmussen on 2008-03-19

Summary: D: 46%, R: 47%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »

Confirms SUSA. I guess Minnesota may not be the Democratic bastion I was expecting it to be this time around.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »

And Obama leads by 4.

The most important question though as I said before: on what issues does McCain appeal to Minnesota?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »

And Obama leads by 4.

The most important question though as I said before: on what issues does McCain appeal to Minnesota?
NOTHING

Yay for Minnesota!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

And Obama leads by 4.

Well, the most important question is really who is ahead and by how much once we have enough polls from credible pollsters to say something about those matters. There may be things we all miss where candidates appeal to voters. I had this feeling Minnesota could drift even further to the Democrats but it seems like it is growing more likely to end up at about the same place as in 2004.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »

And Obama leads by 4.

Well, the most important question is really who is ahead and by how much once we have enough polls from credible pollsters to say something about those matters. There may be things we all miss where candidates appeal to voters. I had this feeling Minnesota could drift even further to the Democrats but it seems like it is growing more likely to end up at about the same place as in 2004.

The issues that matter most to Minnesotans are health care, the economy, and the war in Iraq.  John McCain offers nothing on any of those.

A majority of Minnesotans look at no new tax pledges as irresponsible.

Trust me, Minnesota will go Democratic.. it may not be a blow out (it never would be), but the numbers just don't add up for McCain no matter which way you slice it.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »

Confirms SUSA. I guess Minnesota may not be the Democratic bastion I was expecting it to be this time around.

It should be. Why Minnesota, or any other state which had the good sense to reject the FAILED Bush in 2004, doesn't want closure on His Ineptness I don't know? Because McCain won't be Wink. Should be somewhat more competent, of course, you just have to look at the Iraq 'surge', providing his mental agility remains intact

Dave
perdedor

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »

Minnesota is always like this. It will be close, but will ultimately go Democratic...just like it always does.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »

And Obama leads by 4.

The issues that matter most to Minnesotans are health care, the economy, and the war in Iraq.  John McCain offers nothing on any of those.

A majority of Minnesotans look at no new tax pledges as irresponsible.

Trust me, Minnesota will go Democratic.. it may not be a blow out (it never would be), but the numbers just don't add up for McCain no matter which way you slice it.

And the voters in all the states that will vote for McCain, what do you think they care about? Last time I checked these were the top issues for everyone. Given that peoples' top concern (as far as I've seen it polled, at least) about health care is rising costs, not coverage, there is no reason why they wouldn't think McCain's got something to offer. Anyway, I'm not saying it won't go Democratic, I expect it to. But it seems like it may end up closer to the 2004 result than I expected. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »

I love people's reasoning around here. "Minnesota can't possibly go Republican because they agree with McCain on nothing!!!!!!!"

But when Kansas shows Obama within 9%, it's considered a tossup and a state he has a chance to win. I missed this when I was away this weekend.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 02:17:22 PM »

Minnesota won't go for McCain unless Pawlenty is on the ticket.  Tommy Thompson would be good too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »

I love people's reasoning around here. "Minnesota can't possibly go Republican because they agree with McCain on nothing!!!!!!!"

But when Kansas shows Obama within 9%, it's considered a tossup and a state he has a chance to win. I missed this when I was away this weekend.

I've never said Obama had a chance in Kansas.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »

Ok, well many of his fanboys were saying if the Kansas governor was on the ticket that Kansas was a possible state Obama could pick up because it was trending Democratic.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »

Ok, well many of his fanboys were saying if the Kansas governor was on the ticket that Kansas was a possible state Obama could pick up because it was trending Democratic.

Those people are wrong.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »

Well if you're going to accuse people of hackish double standards you could at least do so for people who have claimed both of the things in question.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »

Quit hijacking threads to bitch about people you don't like.

As I've said before, McCain won't win Minnesota because of several things:

1)  Democrats outnumber Republicans by a significant margin in the state.

2)  Republicans in MN are apprehensive about McCain... hence his 3rd place ranking in 2000 and again in 2008.

3)  Democrats have a clear edge on the issues that concern Minnesotans:  Health care, education, and the war in Iraq.  Immigration, gay marriage, and abortion are far down on the list.

John McCain will be lucky to break 45%.  It's easy to make Minnesota "close", but it is almost impossible to swing it to the Republicans.  And Pawlenty certainly won't swing it:  He got 46% of the vote in his best polling and him leaving his post would mean Carol Molnau would be governor... ain't gonna happen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies