virginia. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:24:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  virginia. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: virginia.  (Read 23643 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« on: March 25, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »

Ironically, the problem Obama will have in VA is the same area of the state that torpedoed Allen in 2006.  Life is kind of odd.

Anyway, I would predict that VA will probably be somewhere in-between +3-+5 of the national margin in 2008, depending on the candidate.  So yes, a VP from here could swing the state, maybe.

With McCain running, Virginia will be a least a bit more GOP than the nation, against either Dem. Thus I don't consider it a critical swing state.

Based on what? McCain struggled in a (pretty much) uncontested Virginia primary. This is probably one of his weakest leaning Republican states electorally.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2008, 11:47:50 PM by ChrisFromNJ »

waltermitty official prediction:

take note all of you little obama supporters who think white southerners who vote clinton in the primary are 'racist'

buchanan county va, where clinton won 90% of the vote, will go for obama if he is in fact the democrat nominee.

I'm just curious, are you initially trying to bait Obama supporters? I am new here, but I've been a lurker for a few months, and I have noticed this is a consistent pattern with you. Would you quit it with the snide tone and the indignation towards Obama supporters? Nobody has brought up racism in this thread. Let's have a peaceful discussion.

Now.... back on topic. I do think Obama's huge primary win in a heavily contested primary, breaking even in the white vote against a formidable challenger... those are all good signs that he plays very well in Virginia, moreso than HRC. Will I say that it is a guarentee that Obama will win the state not? Of course not. It will lean Republican. But I do think Obama will put it in play, unlike Hillary Clinton. And putting it in play will make the GOP spend precious resources defending their own turf. They cannot afford to lose Virginia.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:11:18 AM »

Also, I fail to understand why McCain has some huge appeal to Virginians that George W. Bush lacked.

I'm scratching my head at that too. Anybody care to explain?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies