virginia.

(1/13) > >>

WalterMitty:
why are the obama supporters so confident about virginia?

is it because of the big primary win there?

is it because of tim kaine?

is it because obama is so gosh darn inspiring?

i fail to see any way any democrat is going to carry va in 08.  i just dont see it, fellows.

Lief 🗽:
Trending-Democratic rapidly, big primary win, he does well in polls there, he appeals well to the rapidly growing NoVA voters, and there's a considerable black population in the state.

It's definitely one of the states that he'll have a good shot at taking.

Sam Spade:
Ironically, the problem Obama will have in VA is the same area of the state that torpedoed Allen in 2006.  Life is kind of odd.

Anyway, I would predict that VA will probably be somewhere in-between +3-+5 of the national margin in 2008, depending on the candidate.  So yes, a VP from here could swing the state, maybe.

Torie:
Quote from: Sam Spade on March 25, 2008, 11:29:07 PM

Ironically, the problem Obama will have in VA is the same area of the state that torpedoed Allen in 2006.  Life is kind of odd.

Anyway, I would predict that VA will probably be somewhere in-between +3-+5 of the national margin in 2008, depending on the candidate.  So yes, a VP from here could swing the state, maybe.

With McCain running, Virginia will be a least a bit more GOP than the nation, against either Dem. Thus I don't consider it a critical swing state.

ChrisFromNJ:
Quote from: Torie on March 25, 2008, 11:33:21 PM

Quote from: Sam Spade on March 25, 2008, 11:29:07 PM

With McCain running, Virginia will be a least a bit more GOP than the nation, against either Dem. Thus I don't consider it a critical swing state.

Based on what? McCain struggled in a (pretty much) uncontested Virginia primary. This is probably one of his weakest leaning Republican states electorally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page