Atlas Forum Supreme Court Case: Akno21 vs. Fritz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:38:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Forum Supreme Court Case: Akno21 vs. Fritz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Supreme Court Case: Akno21 vs. Fritz  (Read 5613 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2004, 10:26:25 AM »

So the justices will have an opportunity to interrogate the witnesses based on their responses? Does the opposing side (in this case me, I guess) recieve an opportunity to question the other witnesses, i. e. NixonNow, as well?

Yes, we will have the opportunity to interrogate the two parties, but you will not.  That is not how a Supreme Court case works.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 01:27:14 PM »

Mr. Chief Justice, I have no questions at this time fo rhte witnesses howevere, I would ask my fellow members to reserve the right to recall one of these parties at a late time in this case.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 02:02:15 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2004, 02:04:55 PM by RReagan4EVER »

I did say that the vote should not count, However I did not know NixonNow Intended to cast his vote for Myself. Becouse he has said he did, I think the vote should count. If the court has any Questions I will be more than happy to help the best I can.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 03:08:16 PM »

Mr. Chief Justice and Honorable Associate Justices of the highest court of our forum:

After being awake for over 24 hours, on August 21, I casted the vote in question, for "RReagan117". I intended to vote for RReagan4Ever, but being so fatuige, I casted my vote wrong.

I would also like to address the issue of my vote for "Bobo" - it was my understanding that was the canidate's name. It appears, however, that I mis-read. I now realize that the gentleman's name is "Bono".

I believe that this vote should be counted in RReagan4Ever's favor, however, I will respect and accept the courts decision whatever it may be. I would like to apologise to both canidates for the confusion this has caused.

In light of the fact that the intention of the voter can now be ascertained with all certain, I believe the votes in question should be counted as votes for RReagan4Ever and Bono respectively.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 09:31:15 AM »

I will have some questions later on this evening concerning this case.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2004, 04:41:03 PM »

Fellow citizens of the Atlas Forum, after carefully considering the evidence and testimony of all sides, the Atlas Forum Supreme Court comes to the following decision:

NixonNow's vote merged the names of RReagan4EVER and MAS 117.  He did not put any qualifiers next to the name, for example: (UAC-NJ).  Therefore, we do not believe it is clear to tell who he voted for.  For any vote to be valid, there must be no doubt as to the intent of the voter.  Accepting such a confusing vote as valid would set a bad precedent for the future of Atlas Forum elections.

We therefore reverse Secretary of Forum Affairs Fritz's ruling, and declare NixonNow's vote invalid.

-Atlas Forum Chief Justice KEmperor writing for the majority, Justices MAS117 and Nym90 concurring.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2004, 04:46:12 PM »

I applaud the Supreme Court and would like to thank it for conducting the case in a honorable and timely fashion, and, of course, coming to the conclusion that it did.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2004, 06:04:59 PM »

Stupid bitches of the Supreme court of this forum:

What a joke. Once again, you blowholes act in a partisin way. You need to all be disbarred and shot and killed and pissed on.

I'll see you all in hell.

This is and example of why we cannot take his vote seriously.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2004, 06:05:44 PM »

Fellow citizens of the Atlas Forum, after carefully considering the evidence and testimony of all sides, the Atlas Forum Supreme Court comes to the following decision:

NixonNow's vote merged the names of RReagan4EVER and MAS 117.  He did not put any qualifiers next to the name, for example: (UAC-NJ).  Therefore, we do not believe it is clear to tell who he voted for.  For any vote to be valid, there must be no doubt as to the intent of the voter.  Accepting such a confusing vote as valid would set a bad precedent for the future of Atlas Forum elections.

We therefore reverse Secretary of Forum Affairs Fritz's ruling, and declare NixonNow's vote invalid.

-Atlas Forum Chief Justice KEmperor writing for the majority, Justices MAS117 and Nym90 concurring.

I would like to thank the Court for conducting this proceeding in the public eye, and believe it to be an important statement to the Citizens of Atlasia that their government works for them.  Proponants on all sides of the issue represented themselves well, and the jurists insured an strict tone of gravity warranted by these affairs.

Congratulations to Senator Akno...and best wishes to candidate RReagan4Ever in his future endeavors.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2004, 08:36:14 PM »

I would like to thank the Court for conducting this proceeding in the public eye, and believe it to be an important statement to the Citizens of Atlasia that their government works for them.  Proponants on all sides of the issue represented themselves well, and the jurists insured an strict tone of gravity warranted by these affairs.

Congratulations to Senator Akno...and best wishes to candidate RReagan4Ever in his future endeavors.

Thank you Niles. Good luck as GM.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies