First C.E.S [draft] Recommendation: Banning of Write In Candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  First C.E.S [draft] Recommendation: Banning of Write In Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: First C.E.S [draft] Recommendation: Banning of Write In Candidates  (Read 5057 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2004, 11:08:50 AM »

Well if we pass Ernest's Act and you don't use preferential voting your vote won't count Phil.

Well let me now voice my opposition to that Act. What if there are three candidates and two of them are total jokes. I have to actually make a decision as to who would get my second vote which could swing the election? Give me a break. I urge my Senators to vote NO on Ernest's Act.

25 million Australasians can't be wrong! This is the system used in Australia and New Zealand.

Hey it might work well there but NO Ernest Act in Atlasia!

Have you read it?

You just told me that I would have to vote by preferences if I wanted my vote to be counted. That's all I need to know to say that I don't support this Act.

Really? It is a few pages back and a large document containing a lot of legislation, it might be an idea to read it before passing judgement.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2004, 11:09:05 AM »

Well if we pass Ernest's Act and you don't use preferential voting your vote won't count Phil.

Well let me now voice my opposition to that Act. What if there are three candidates and two of them are total jokes.
In that case, the third candidate would win overwhelmingly, so having to make that decision would be bothersome but irrelevant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2004, 11:14:12 AM »

Well let me now voice my opposition to that Act. What if there are three candidates and two of them are total jokes. I have to actually make a decision as to who would get my second vote which could swing the election? Give me a break. I urge my Senators to vote NO on Ernest's Act.

25 million Australasians can't be wrong! This is the system used in Australia and New Zealand.

Have you read it?

You just told me that I would have to vote by preferences if I wanted my vote to be counted. That's all I need to know to say that I don't support this Act.

Really? It is a few pages back and a large document containing a lot of legislation, it might be an idea to read it before passing judgement.

What don't you understand? I saw the "large document" and you told me that in that "large document" there is a part that states you MUST vote by preferences or your vote won't count. I don't support that. That's my opinion. Is that ok with you Senator?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2004, 11:25:09 AM »

Have you read it?

What don't you understand? I saw the "large document" and you told me that in that "large document" there is a part that states you MUST vote by preferences or your vote won't count. I don't support that. That's my opinion. Is that ok with you Senator?

You can hold your own opinion yes but I am saying that the Act itself covers a large amount of electoral reform, you may find that if you read it you only oppose a minority of the contents and so in fact support most of it. I never said you couldn't hold an opinion on the act, I merely said it might be an idea to read the whole thing before passing judgement on it because of one small part of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies