OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain  (Read 4485 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 19, 2008, 01:43:32 PM »

So the question becomes whether it is temporary or if this is the dean yell.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »

This may surprise some of you coming from me, but these are just three polls in time and what a time it was.  I mean, these polls were ALL THREE done right smack dab in the middle of the Wright affair and it is obviously reflecting Obama's absolute bottom in the middle of an extreme negative news cycle.

Therefore, I don't attach much if any importance to any of these.

However, watch the Hillary people jump on these and try to use them to try and convince everyone that Hillary is the stronger candidate.  I think the super delegates are too smart for that in that they know that a couple of polls don't mean much now.  Obama will do better when this thing passes.  I think it will hurt him some in the long run but no where near what is reflected in these polls.

I will admit to not being an expert on the south, but it is my personal feeling that while Obama will likely rebound from the Wright scandal in the northern states among white voters, his reputation among southern white voters is tarnished enough to permanently count him out in those longshot southern states it was once thought he'd have a shot at winning.

He'll never rebound from this 100% in the south.

Currently Obama has only to rebound in Michigan and Pennsylvania to win the Presidency (maybe in NJ and NH as well, but I think they won´t vote for McCain anyway). I also assume he´s still ahead or tied in NV, CO, WI. All other states seem to be safe Obama, even during this current "crisis".

Well, whatever state is still at least tied in today he will probably win in the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies