OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:59:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH/MO/KY-SurveyUSA: Clinton better positioned than Obama to beat McCain  (Read 4525 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: March 19, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
« edited: March 19, 2008, 02:14:11 PM by agcatter »

This may surprise some of you coming from me, but these are just three polls in time and what a time it was.  I mean, these polls were ALL THREE done right smack dab in the middle of the Wright affair and it is obviously reflecting Obama's absolute bottom in the middle of an extreme negative news cycle.

Therefore, I don't attach much if any importance to any of these.

However, watch the Hillary people jump on these and try to use them to try and convince everyone that Hillary is the stronger candidate.  I think the super delegates are too smart for that in that they know that a couple of polls don't mean much now.  Obama will do better when this thing passes.  I think it will hurt him some in the long run but no where near what is reflected in these polls.

BTW, Bandit claims to be from Kentucky but doesn't seem to know that EVERY poll taken has shown Clinton running much better in Kentucky than Obama.  Planet Bandit.

agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2008, 02:20:17 PM by agcatter »

Moderate, I mostly agree with your post although I don't think he will bounce all the way back to where he was with northern whites.  However, you are correct with your general assessment.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

That's some blog, Bandit.  Wow, it says you saw a survey taken last week showing Obama beating McCain in Kentucky?

Where was it taken?  Central Louiville?  How about a link please.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »

You get around the state pretty good, don't you.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:47 PM »

Hey Bandit.  Found that poll link yet?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »

Sorry, our mistake.  No doubt you did have it.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:46:05 PM »

Exactly right.  These polls compared to Survey USA's polls in February - the internals tell it all.

Among white voters:

Ohio:
Obama went from down 7 to down 19

Mo.
Obama went from down 3 to down 23

Kentucky
Obama went from down 35 to down 43
(I didn't think it could get any worse here)

Memo to Obama.  Don't pick Reverand Wright as your running mate.  In a sense, he already is.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

The good news for Obama is that this doesn't necessary mean it's a permanent deal.  In fact, I think he'll get at least some of those whites back after this newscycle runs its course.  Heck, we're 8 months out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies