Obama's "church"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:36:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's "church"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Obama's "church"  (Read 8356 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2008, 10:53:23 PM »

How about his pastor of 20 years?  Not so main line.

So his pastor says the government initiated the AIDs virus, passed out drugs to destroy the blacks, 9-11 we brought on ourselves, rich whites are running the country etc etc and somehow Oprah's going to that church insulates Obama?  You think working class whites give a sh**t about Oprah?

One more time Obama - why in the hell would you attend this church for 20 years and listen weekly to that nut's ravings?

No big deal to all the Obama worshippers on this forum I understand, but they aren't the ones that will make the difference in November.  What I hear is a lot of Obamiacs telling each other this won't matter.  Keep reassuring yourselves of that.

I'm off to bed.
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »

Yeah, it'd be almost 11 in Texas, and I should be leaving soon as well.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »

So his pastor says the government initiated the AIDs virus, passed out drugs to destroy the blacks, 9-11 we brought on ourselves, rich whites are running the country etc etc and somehow Oprah's going to that church insulates Obama?  You think working class whites give a sh**t about Oprah?

One more time Obama - why in the hell would you attend this church for 20 years and listen weekly to that nut's ravings?

How many times now have you repeated this same B.S. just in this thread?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »

The Church itself is a main-line Protestant Church.

Yes, that is true.

ABC and others who are attacking Obama are in fact displaying hatred towards mainline Christians.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »

How about his pastor of 20 years?  Not so main line.

No big deal to all the Obama worshippers on this forum I understand, but they aren't the ones that will make the difference in November.  What I hear is a lot of Obamiacs telling each other this won't matter.  Keep reassuring yourselves of that.

I'm off to bed.

They found three or four insistences of offensive comments. It's not like they were part of his weekly sermons. Your creating crap up just to attack him.

By the way, Republicans might not want to keep bringing this up....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-feldman/the-violent-vision-of-mcc_b_91329.html
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2008, 11:22:06 PM »

The other choice was John Kerry.  LOL

Yeah, a decorated war hero with a solid grasp of foreign and domestic policy and the ability to speak in complete sentences was a lousy choice in comparison to a former coke-head, dry drunk chickenhawk who thinks our kids need a better ejumacation.
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »

Yeah, a decorated war hero with a solid grasp of foreign and domestic policy and the ability to speak in complete sentences was a lousy choice in comparison to a former coke-head, dry drunk chickenhawk who thinks our kids need a better ejumacation.

That may be true, but that's still a pointless insult that's not all that relevant to why Bush was a bad president.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

* Reckless overspending
* Maintaining Tax cuts while spending increases
* Socially divisive, electorally driven wedge policy
* Over-aggressive foreign policy with significant long-term consequences
* Regressive health/education/social policy

Want more?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2008, 02:12:25 AM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"If he were Caucasian, yeah you know he'd wear a sheet, Farrakhan, Louis Farrakhan can"

Blacks can't be 'racist', Southern Man.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2008, 02:15:22 AM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"If he were Caucasian, yeah you know he'd wear a sheet, Farrakhan, Louis Farrakhan can"

Blacks can't be 'racist', Southern Man.

How can't they be racist?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2008, 06:26:04 AM »

rich whites are running the country

Eh, that part is obviously true. Which in no way justifies some of the other stuff.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:45 AM »

That may be true, but that's still a pointless insult that's not all that relevant to why Bush was a bad president.

LOL, I was reading the thread from bottom upwards, and I thought Sojourner was answering to someone who thought McCain was a worse candidate than Bush.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2008, 06:39:55 AM »

There is a problem.  Obama made this choice of Church and has basically advertised this choice.  The minister is part of this choice.  I think he can, at this point, basically say, "I disagree with him on this; I didn't include that in my choice."  He was very slow in doing that and has done that, at best, by proxy.  It has to be more direct or it becomes an issue.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2008, 06:42:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hillary! and her minions are the ones pulling the puppet strings on this latest smear. You'd be wise to make that known.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2008, 06:50:49 AM »

The amount of hackery in this thread is truly astounding. I'm walking out the door right now, but expect a full response when I return home after classes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2008, 07:09:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hillary! and her minions are the ones pulling the puppet strings on this latest smear. You'd be wise to make that known.

Pastor Wright was saying some of the things in December 2007.  It didn't take too much string pulling.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2008, 07:44:31 AM »

disgusting.

how any of you hand wringers can say that pointing out that jesse jackson won the sc primary is 'racist', and not get upset over the 'pastor's' comments is beyond me.

two questions obama needs to answer...quickly:

1.  if you disagree with the 'pastor' why did you keep attending the church?
2. if you disagree with the 'pastor', why did you donate money?

id bet money that obama will be pulling out the biracial card very soon.  watch and see.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2008, 07:49:29 AM »

disgusting.

how any of you hand wringers can say that pointing out that jesse jackson won the sc primary is 'racist', and not get upset over the 'pastor's' comments is beyond me.
The pastor was neither married to Obama nor speaking at an Obama campaign event. Huh
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2008, 07:50:28 AM »

The amount of hackery in this thread is truly astounding.

When one side has had so much bad news for so long, and is facing a terrible year in the Congressional elections, they're going to seek out a place to vent and hope for the best. I have to look at some of the comments here in that light, and soon they'll get tired out and move on.

Make no mistake, it's not good news for Obama to have Wright on the record like this. Republicans won't hesitate to make this the theme of the '08 election. The question is whether voters will see this election as a referendum on Obama's race or not. Some will, no doubt. I don't share the views of some of our Republican friends that more than 50% will, and that McCain is the default President unless Obama does everything right in his campaign.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2008, 07:52:59 AM »

disgusting.

The pastor was neither married to Obama nor speaking at an Obama campaign event. Huh

did you point that out about geraldine ferraro?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2008, 08:02:25 AM »

disgusting.

did you point that out about geraldine ferraro?
I don't recall even hearing of Geraldine Ferraro repeating that.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »

ferraro isnt married to clinton and her remarks werent made at a clinton campaign event.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »

disgusting.

The pastor, however, is the chosen spiritual adviser to a candidate stressing his religious credentials.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2008, 09:38:56 AM »

Let me change it, then.

Yeah, a decorated war hero with a solid grasp of foreign and domestic policy and the ability to speak in complete sentences was a lousy choice in comparison to a former coke-head, dry drunk chickenhawk who thinks our kids need a better ejumacation and who lied, deceived and obfuscated our way into a war fought solely for the purpose of enriching his defense contractor cronies and the House of Saud.

Hope that is more fair and balanced.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »

You don't like George W. Bush, do you?  I kinda sensed it.

Let me change it, then.

Yeah, a decorated war hero with a solid grasp of foreign and domestic policy and the ability to speak in complete sentences was a lousy choice in comparison to a former coke-head, dry drunk chickenhawk who thinks our kids need a better ejumacation and who lied, deceived and obfuscated our way into a war fought solely for the purpose of enriching his defense contractor cronies and the House of Saud.

Hope that is more fair and balanced.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies