November - McCain vs Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  November - McCain vs Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: November - McCain vs Obama  (Read 13482 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: March 09, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

The one state won by Kerry in 2004 which worries me as to whether Obama can hold it is Pennsylvania, which for any Democratic presidential nominee is a pivotol state

There are two things that many should be VERY concerned about- McCain's appeal to latinos and to moderate/conservative democrats.

Obama has a Latino problem in the Democratic primaries, that much is obvious. Question is are they, generic, Democratic voters or, exclusively, Clinton voters? If they are the latter, he does have problems come the general; while McCain will not be the anathema to Latino voters that many other Republican presidential nominees would be

Indeed, Democratic primary voters are 'divided', demographically, between Obama [male, younger, African American, upscale/higher educated) and Clinton (female, older, Latino, downscale/lower educated) but not ideologically

But to what extent are Obama and Clinton voters 1) candidate exclusive or 2) Democratic candidate generic come November? That's the great 'unknown' - and yes, it is a matter of concern Sad

As for moderate and conservative Democrats, I'm not so sure they find Obama that much of an anathema. From what I've seen of the exit polls, it's not a case of Obama dominating the liberal Democratic primary vote with Clinton dominating among moderate and conservative primary voters

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies