SUSA about to release Clinton/McCain & Obama/McCain GE polls for all 50 states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SUSA about to release Clinton/McCain & Obama/McCain GE polls for all 50 states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUSA about to release Clinton/McCain & Obama/McCain GE polls for all 50 states  (Read 6781 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 06, 2008, 12:38:06 PM »

North Dakota?

Well, cool anyway.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »

This is exciting but do we not get percentages? 

When the polls are released later today, yes.

The interviews were "just completd," by the way, so we know they're all new polls.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »

Eh - we'll see.  North Dakota is less anti-establishment than either South Dakota or Montana, and more Republican.  I'll want to see the polls out of those two states.  Idaho and Wyoming, too.  Even parts of Nebraska; maybe Obama will "win" a CD there, not that the poll would show this*.  Should be a fun afternoon.

But North Dakota is not voting Democratic in the General unless the Dem candidate is named Bartlett and is fictional.

* - Edit: ...or maybe it will.  That was sure a weird coincidence.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »

But the West loves Obama!

Seriously, I think these polls are sort of correct in the tendencies they show. But SUSA tends to blow up a couple of polls pretty badly when they do this. In the Obama v McCain match-up I'd say Ohio, North Dakota and New Jersey look completely unbelievable. I don't buy Virginia either. In Clinton v McCain the swing seem a little too large (McCain winning New Hampshire and Washington, Clinton winning West Virginia and Florida) but the trend is correct. Apart from Michigan, lol. Michigan going GOP when Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida don't? Yeah, right.

All in all, these look pretty standard for polls done before a candidate is even finalized.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

If SUSA's web site actually worked I'd enter them.  I hope they have similar methodologies.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 08:19:29 PM »

All entered.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

Thanks.  I'll be happy if that's the only error I made.

(Other than entering them half as 2/2 and having to go back... Sad)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies