im not going to gloat..
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:42:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  im not going to gloat..
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: im not going to gloat..  (Read 1298 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

obviously the results were even better for hillary than i could have hoped.

i must admit i havent read word one of any post posted on this board since yesterday evening, so i have no idea how you obama supporters are spinning this.

all i can say is, whether he wins the nomination or not, he is going to regret not taking clinton out on march 4.  this thing is going all the way to the convention.  i see no other way.

i know obama supporters like to talk about 'delegate math'.  but i dont see any way he gets to the required number of delegates
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

this thing is going all the way to the convention.  i see no other way.

i know obama supporters like to talk about 'delegate math'.  but i dont see any way he gets to the required number of delegates

Well, if all the superdelegates declare who they're backing before the convention, then one of the two candidates will presumably have "the required number of delegates".
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »

She could have, especially in Texas, but she definitely outperformed expectations.

i must admit i havent read word one of any post posted on this board since yesterday evening, so i have no idea how you obama supporters are spinning this.

You get to that later in your post...

He can't win without superdelegates, no, but are those so impossible for him to net?  Not really...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »

She could have, especially in Texas, but she definitely outperformed expectations.

He can't win without superdelegates, no, but are those so impossible for him to net?  Not really...

hillary outperformed my expectations.  i never would have predicted she would have won ohio by double digits, or even ri by 18 or whatever it was.

look, the obama campaign showed how weak it can be.   they spent two weeks whistling past the graveyard, instead of taking hillary out.

ive said it many times on this board, only to be ridiculed...but it came true last night...obama's arrogance is going to cost him...and it has.
perdedor

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »

hillary outperformed my expectations.  i never would have predicted she would have won ohio by double digits, or even ri by 18 or whatever it was.

look, the obama campaign showed how weak it can be.   they spent two weeks whistling past the graveyard, instead of taking hillary out.

ive said it many times on this board, only to be ridiculed...but it came true last night...obama's arrogance is going to cost him...and it has.

By arrogance, you mean not being a negative, fear mongering hack like you candidate, her husband, and the Republicans?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »

Gotta hand it to your gal last night Walter.  Nice comeback especially in my state.

BTW, she quietly took the lead nationally among Democrats vs Obama according to Rasmussen three days ago.  Her lead this morning has increased to 5 points nationally.  She's also been running better than Obama against McCain according to the same pollster for about a week now.

She still has a chance.  Barack will have the most delegates going into the convention but he's dead in the water as far as stampeding to the nomination anytime soon.

I fear Hillary in the general far more than Obama.  Problem is, is it too late for Dems to change course without tearing the party apart?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 01:30:17 PM »

all i can say is, whether he wins the nomination or not, he is going to regret not taking clinton out on march 4.  this thing is going all the way to the convention.  i see no other way.

the same way Clinton will regret not having taken him out MUCH earlier.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 01:31:47 PM »

By arrogance, you mean not being a negative, fear mongering hack like you candidate, her husband, and the Republicans?

he and his supporters spent most of the time whining about even the mildest of criticisms. 

he better get used to it.  clinton is going to fight.  and if he is the nominee, you can rest assured the republicans are going to fight.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »

the same way Clinton will regret not having taken him out MUCH earlier.

i totally agree with that.

she should have taken him out on super tuesday
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 01:41:39 PM »

But yet you are gloating.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

im trying not to.  i know it is still an uphill battle for her.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »

Let's cut walter a break today.  He's entitled to cautious gloating.  It could have been over over last night and its not.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why? She blew 20 point leads in both Ohio and Texas. If that's a win, keep em coming.

Of course, you are afraid of reality. And Reality is Obama is now the nominee.

Delusional. That's all I can say. Obama has a commanding lead. The filthy stinking beast needed far more than she accomplished. She's done.

BWWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHA are you for real? Have you even looked at the CNN Delegate Calculator?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »

Let's cut walter a break today.  He's entitled to cautious gloating.  It could have been over over last night and its not.

Agreed. This is pretty mild gloating, it could be much worse.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

Agreed. This is pretty mild gloating, it could be much worse.

Besides, the Obaminator isn't done yet.......Wink
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:37:36 PM »

Gotta hand it to your gal last night Walter.  Nice comeback especially in my state.

BTW, she quietly took the lead nationally among Democrats vs Obama according to Rasmussen three days ago.  Her lead this morning has increased to 5 points nationally.  She's also been running better than Obama against McCain according to the same pollster for about a week now.

She still has a chance.  Barack will have the most delegates going into the convention but he's dead in the water as far as stampeding to the nomination anytime soon.

I fear Hillary in the general far more than Obama.  Problem is, is it too late for Dems to change course without tearing the party apart?

Depends. As I said before, we're looking at kind of a rerun of Ford v Reagan 76, and while that divided the party it didn't completely break it apart. Ford still did pretty well in the general, considering that it was a pretty close race (and let's face it, any Republican would have lost in 76 after Watergate).

Still, this is definitely good news for McCain. He can kick back and relax while Clinton and Obama spend MILLIONS, which they really ought to be saving for the general, until the convention, which seems like an eternity away.

Anyway, my gut feeling tells me that Hillary will now win the nomination. But that remains to be seen.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 03:18:56 PM »

Not allowing for MI and FL, I can now envisage a scenario whereby Clinton pips Obama in the popular vote but he pips her among pledged delegates

For unpledged superdelegates, minded to cast their votes as to who they consider the 'legitimate' winner, it's gonna be a tough call

If Clinton is the Democratic nominee, I'm really wrestling with my conscience as to whether I can possibly 'endorse' her given she's ran the more negative and 'dirtier' campaign; Obama may have to hit harder at her now and I'm not sure if that's him. To do so, kind of diminishes him and his message

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies