March 4, What Is The Clinton Campaign Up To Now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:24:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  March 4, What Is The Clinton Campaign Up To Now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: March 4, What Is The Clinton Campaign Up To Now?  (Read 926 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:50:37 PM »

Bill Clinton has said if Hillary does not win both Texas and Ohio on March 4, then it will become very hard for Hillary to win the nomination.

On Larry King Live March 1, guest Chris Cillizza, who writes "The Fix" the politics blog for the Washington Post.com, stated about this

"The Clinton campaign is trying to dial back those expectations.  I was on a conference call yesterday where the Clinton's communications record guy by by the name of Howard Wilson said, if Obama doesn't sweep these four states, it raises the question of whether he's a front-runner or not."

What is the Clinton campaign up to now?

Please discuss.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:16:41 AM »

Trying to recover from Bill being an idiot by telling the public its do or die for her in Texas. Sadly I think its a little to late to backpeddle on something like this... :/
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »

Trying to recover from Bill being an idiot by telling the public its do or die for her in Texas. Sadly I think its a little to late to backpeddle on something like this... :/

that was dumb of him to say publicly, but it's true: if she can't win Texas and Ohio, there's little point in her staying in: about 3/4 of the country will have voted and there will be no way for her to catch up in pledged delegates, and I feel the superdelegates will have no choice but to back whoever gets the majority of pledged delegates. At least it gives her an avenue by which she can gracefully end her trainwreck of a campaign.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies