WA Democratic Primary Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  WA Democratic Primary Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA Democratic Primary Map  (Read 14549 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: March 02, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »

Quality isn't that great because I haven't quite mastered the whole computer mapmaking thing, but you get the general idea.

There were a very large amount of counties that were just barely below 50%, so the coloring is a little flawed, but here it is:

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:15:33 AM »

Why did Pierce and Clark go for Hillary, while King and Snohomish went to Obama? They're all large suburban counties.

Thanks for the map Meeker

Pierce County can be pretty much divided into three areas: Tacoma, South Sound, and Eastern. Tacoma is the only overwhelmingly Democratic area, and they went heavily for Obama. The Eastern area is very rural and basically prime Clinton country. The suburbs seem to be good Clinton country to me except for perhaps Lakewood which went heavily for Obama. All in all it adds up to a narrow Clinton victory.

Clark I don't know enough about to say for sure, but I'm fairly sure it's a similar dynamic of Vancouver being an urban area that went Obama, a suburban area that split, and then a rural area that went to Clinton.

Snohomish and King are similar, only the urban area in those two make up a large percent of the population.

That's my basic take, Alcon may have another idea
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »

Clinton won the 29th and Obama didn't do well in the 27th? Huh, not what I expected at all.

Then again, the turnout on this whole thing was way wacky, so you can't really read much of anything into it
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »

Well that's weird.

But again, the turnout on this was all wacky, so strange things can happen.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »

- Obama barely ran ahead of his Whatcom County average in Bellingham.  He did almost just as strongly in the ultra-Republican Dutch farmland around Lynden.

I actually know a girl from that ultra-Republican Dutch farmland around Lynden, and her original candidate was Brownback but when he dropped out she switched to Obama. Go figure, I guess it happens.

How many votes were there in Marlin?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »

Obama carried the 8th but not the 9th? I find that a little odd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies