Sarah Palin for VP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:37:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin for VP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sarah Palin for VP  (Read 2424 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »

McCain would do well to pick her.  Extremely excellent choice.  Sharp, well spoken, unbelievably popular, attractive candidate.  Government reformer know for her ethics reforms.  Downside.  None that I can see.  But, but she's only had two years as a governor.  Not experienced enough.  Uh, Barack, is that really where you want to try and go?
M

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »

I wouldn't be disappointed. Also good if we're picking new governors, is Bobby Jindal.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »

Why should she waste her promising career now on a ticket that´s going to be defeated in November ?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »

I like her but a Governor who has been office for a year with her only prior experience being the mayor of a small town in Alaska? Come on. It's not happening.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »

not a chance (especially if Obama wins the dem nomination).
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »

A ticket that is going to be defeated in November?  The Obama arrogance on this board is amazing.

Maybe it is a cult after all.

As far as Palin goes, I'd love to see Obama bring up experience as an issue.  Yep, that's the issue he ought to focus on.  This from a first first term 3 year Senator with zero executive experience.  If I were McCain, I'd love to have that debate.  Bring up your biggest weakness as a candidate as a major campaign issue.   Remind voters of the sudden importance of "experience" when that's your biggest drawback.  A sure winning stategy for Obama.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »

A woman on the GOP ticket wouldn't hurt. Don't think Palin's the one though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »

As far as Palin goes, I'd love to see Obama bring up experience as an issue.  Yep, that's the issue he ought to focus on.  This from a first first term 3 year Senator with zero executive experience.  If I were McCain, I'd love to have that debate.  Bring up your biggest weakness as a candidate as a major campaign issue.   Remind voters of the sudden importance of "experience" when that's your biggest drawback.  A sure winning stategy for Obama.

I don't think Obama would bring it up; I think the pundits would bring up the double standard (and that trickles down to your average voter). "So McCain and Co. want to talk about experience and they pick this woman? Talk about hypocrisy." Obama wouldn't need to say a word.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »

You may have a point.  Hadn't thought of that angle - However, man she's impressive.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

I don't think Obama would bring it up; I think the pundits would bring up the double standard (and that trickles down to your average voter). "So McCain and Co. want to talk about experience and they pick this woman? Talk about hypocrisy." Obama wouldn't need to say a word.

Exactly.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »

If she had just been in office for as long as say Sebelius has in Kansas and won re-election in a similar fashion she'd be a great fit for a McCain ticket, but as it is she simply is too light on experiance, right age, right ideological balance but the lack of experiance (even on a ticket led by McCain) makes her a VP unlikley.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure McCain wants to use the experience issue against Obama. How can he do it with his VP being even less experienced? If he attacks Obama anyone can just point to his running mate and point out she's even less experienced, how does McCain respond? He just can't say "That's a different job" since there's a very real chance of the VP taking over (more likely in McCain's case than most candidates) and most would agree if one is not qualified to be president they shouldn't be VP either.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

Not yet for Palin. Allow her to blossom into a political flower of unprecedented prowess. Like a Venus Fly Trap.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »

Some of you may be right about how it does cancel out McCain's ability to use the experience card.  Her political career is off to a helluva start however.  Tming might not be right yet.  They love her in her home state.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »

Sarah Palin is of course far more qualified to be President than Barack Obama.  Unlike the messianic Senator, Palin has actually had experience running something.  A small town and a small state, but executive experience nonetheless.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »

Sarah Palin is of course far more qualified to be President than Barack Obama.  Unlike the messianic Senator, Palin has actually had experience running something.  A small town and a small state, but executive experience nonetheless.

And John McCain's executive experiance is what exactly?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »

Well, if we're gonna go by EXECUTIVE experience we have to go with Governor Palin over the two nominees.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

He was Commanding Officer of the VA-174 "Hellrazors", the largest attack squadron in the Navy. Wikipedia states: "McCain's leadership abilities were credited with turning around a mediocre unit, improving its aircraft readiness and pilot safety metrics and winning the squadron its first Meritorious Unit Commendation."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

Roll Eyes

Let's start bumping all of your old comments, troll.

I guess we should all address the points we made here...

Exactly.

As predicted, that's how it was used. My points about them using the "small town Mayor" stuff against her were also correct. That's how I'm spinning this.  Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »

Godly foresight on agcatter's part!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »

The R-Texases were really on the money on this one.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »

Very prescient.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »

Kinda makes up for "Obama can't break 278 EVs."
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »

guess I am not a political junky, since I had never heard of Sarah Palin until the night Obama picked Biden.

daboese
Germany

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »

Not yet for Palin. Allow her to blossom into a political flower of unprecedented prowess. Like a Venus Fly Trap.

If McCain would have only listened to you, Phil. Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies