A meeting of M. Denoix and Mr. Prabhusanjil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:47:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  A meeting of M. Denoix and Mr. Prabhusanjil
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A meeting of M. Denoix and Mr. Prabhusanjil  (Read 2971 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »

A good evening to the people of Antillia.

Our nation stands ready to return to a parliament of the people, an open and accountable democracy after years of dictatorial rule. We have numerous political parties and two Blocs that are ready to contest each other - and agree with each other - in the historic, democratic traditions of this island.

We have not yet formed our constitution and our first parliament will be, it must be said, messy. It is my firm hope that we can indeed sit and determine our constitution in the upcoming days, and as such I have invited Monsieur Denoix to visit with me in Lorient to discuss our shared aims, as the leader of the right and left blocs, in the opening days of the new parliament.

To the supporters of the left, I assure you that no policy will be implemented without support of all the major parties of our side of politics. To the supporters of the right, I assure you that I will work with Monsieur Denoix as my equal in the initial days of our nation's foundation.

We are rapidly approaching the re-installment of true democracy in our nation. It shall be glorious, and we shall all work together to provide the best framework for the continuation of democracy well into the future.

J'espère que quand le parlement s'assied, il représente la volonté des gens d'Antillia pour l'entier de notre avenir partagé.

--Vijay Prabhusanjil
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:00:46 AM »

Did you use an online translator for the French parts?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:05:31 AM »

Thank you Mr Prabhusanjil, for a heartfelt and genuine speech. We have been in short supply of genuine politicians for far too long now. I believe we share the same aim; to secure a democratic and prosperous Antillia and to recognise but move on from our past, not just our dictatorial past but also our history as a colony. We are greatful for our friends in the east for gifting us democracy, the rule of law and the belief in the freedoms of the individual that were ruthlessly put aside by brutal despotism. But we are now masters of our own destiny.

I am more than willing to meet with Mr Prabhusanjil, both formally and informally these coming weeks to ensure a quick transition to parliamentary democracy with or indeed without a formal constitution where we will be charged with holding each other to account in proper democratic tradition.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »

Are you willing to be the Government's official translator?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »

OOC: Yeah, I had a go myself and it was even worse Cheesy

------------------

IC: I appreciate M. Denoix's acceptance.

The first item I would like to raise is the sitting of parliament.

It is my personal view that parliament should sit immediately to install ministers and their shadows, and that a draft proposal on a constituion should be submitted to parliament for approval for a nation-wide vote to be organised by the General Management Office of the nation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »

It is my personal view that parliament should sit immediately to install ministers and their shadows, and that a draft proposal on a constituion should be submitted to parliament for approval for a nation-wide vote to be organised by the General Management Office of the nation.

Presumably this would be a 'cross bloc' coalition as no elections have been held?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:59:36 AM »

Presumably this would be a 'cross bloc' coalition as no elections have been held?

I would hope that the GM would determine party strengths and therefore which bloc determines cabinet, but I am not opposed to the idea of a 'cross-bloc' cabinet in the early days personally. I will consult with my parties.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies