The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 10:00:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 195671 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: December 11, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »

Forgive me, but i haven't seen the likes of dallasfans, segwaywhatever, azmagic, Earth, jamespol, and dc_united being active in the daily discussions of Atlasia. None of them seem to be excited to participate either.

Go look on the main boards. I do not consider being a long-term poster in the Fantasy Elections section a precondition to voting in it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1551 on: December 11, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »

Good lord, when has HW been a "blind partisan"? He's pretty much the opposite.

He LOVES your "zombies." Then calls every active voter in the ARC or RPP a "zombie."

I don't like any zombies.  Like I said the JCPers you call "zombies" are like former Senators, former Governors, former Presidents and so on.

So? They know nothing about the daily politics of this place. Many ARC members were zombies before and now they have gotten active because they had a reason to. If we give people reasons to be active, they will be active. You'd just rather ban people from Atlasia to preserve your political power.

I believe you see the positions in this game as though they are real and actually can meaningfully change the course of the world. This is a game dude. Only the most cynical and power hungry players are actually trying to build political power. The vast majority are just trying to have fun.

At that, you also seem to believe that amassing a following translates into political power or respect. Political power is a defunct concept in this game and you already lack general respect, so I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve, but I'll be here to watch on in amusement as you continue your oddly ambitious pursuit of total domination of a game.

No, I see these positions as fundamental to the core aspect of the game- elections. If people didn;t want positions, they wouldn't bother to run. Stop being ignorant.

I don't seek total domination, rather, I seek an end to total domination on the part of your JCP brethren.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1552 on: December 11, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

Forgive me, but i haven't seen the likes of dallasfans, segwaywhatever, azmagic, Earth, jamespol, and dc_united being active in the daily discussions of Atlasia. None of them seem to be excited to participate either.

Okay, and? What has Torie done here since February? dallasfan and azmagic have posted here more than him since. Oh, but he voted for you.

At least we know he is more than just some vote.  He is a former Senator for I think two terms.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1553 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »

What have people like azmagic, dallasfan65 brought to make the game better or more enjoyable recently?

What have people like CultureKing and BRTD and Sensei brought to make the game better or more enjoyable lately?

dallasfan has made some posts here, at least. azmagic is active on the forum and dallasfan does a timeline and posts regularly.

I was waiting for a rebuttal citing non-ARC zombies. But my efforts against zombie voting are not aimed exclusively at one party, it's a two-way street and it affects everybody.

Neither ARC zombies aforementioned or the others you mentioned bring much to Atlasia.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1554 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:36 PM »

Okay, and? What has Torie done here since February? dallasfan and azmagic have posted here more than him since. Oh, but he voted for you.

It's nice that one of my voters could be picked out as a potential zombie, but he happens to be a widely respected member of Atlasia and a former Senator. If that's the worst I'm doing, then congrats to me.

I think most can agree that he's contributed more to the game than have the majority of ARC members. It's not a terrible thing, but your claims are pretty erroneous when you highlight how excited these members are to be participating in the game now that the ARC has set them free.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1555 on: December 11, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

At least we know he is more than just some vote.  He is a former Senator for I think two terms.

How is he more than some vote? Former participation has nothing to do with the issues facing Atlasia today.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1556 on: December 11, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »

He LOVES your "zombies." Then calls every active voter in the ARC or RPP a "zombie."

I don't like any zombies.  Like I said the JCPers you call "zombies" are like former Senators, former Governors, former Presidents and so on.

So? They know nothing about the daily politics of this place. Many ARC members were zombies before and now they have gotten active because they had a reason to. If we give people reasons to be active, they will be active. You'd just rather ban people from Atlasia to preserve your political power.

I believe you see the positions in this game as though they are real and actually can meaningfully change the course of the world. This is a game dude. Only the most cynical and power hungry players are actually trying to build political power. The vast majority are just trying to have fun.

At that, you also seem to believe that amassing a following translates into political power or respect. Political power is a defunct concept in this game and you already lack general respect, so I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve, but I'll be here to watch on in amusement as you continue your oddly ambitious pursuit of total domination of a game.

No, I see these positions as fundamental to the core aspect of the game- elections. If people didn;t want positions, they wouldn't bother to run. Stop being ignorant.

I don't seek total domination, rather, I seek an end to total domination on the part of your JCP brethren.

Quite. It's almost hilarious how willing Purple State is to look the other way while the JCP exerts its monopoly in this game, at the expense of the DA.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1557 on: December 11, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

It's nice that one of my voters could be picked out as a potential zombie, but he happens to be a widely respected member of Atlasia and a former Senator. If that's the worst I'm doing, then congrats to me.

I think most can agree that he's contributed more to the game than have the majority of ARC members. It's not a terrible thing, but your claims are pretty erroneous when you highlight how excited these members are to be participating in the game now that the ARC has set them free.

I don't care about past participation. That has nothing to do with the present. Anyways, if you get elected, it will certainly be with the support of so-called zombies.

Einzige, Mint, Winston, etc. were all formerly "zombies" and are active now. Maybe more will follow. But certainly not so if you all keep scaring them off.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1558 on: December 11, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

[3] Badger
Jesus Christ Party

[4] afleitch
Democratic Alliance

[2] Northeast Lt. Governor Barnes [Roy Barnes 2010]
Democratic Alliance

[5 ] Governor Vepres [Vepres]
Independent

[1 ]Write-in: Fritz

What has this guy done? Why is this guy voting? He's quite clearly a member of The Cranberries.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1559 on: December 11, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »

How is he more than some vote? Former participation has nothing to do with the issues facing Atlasia today.

The fact that he was'nt just some guy who was brought here for nothing but another vote.  We know Hamilton has done this before.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1560 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

Remember when Hamilton invaded the Pacific with a group of zombies?

Good times.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1561 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »

Remember when Hamilton invaded the Pacific with a group of zombies?

Good times.

Yes, they were.

One of those zombies now serves in Lief's cabinet.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1562 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »

The fact that he was'nt just some guy who was brought here for nothing but another vote.  We know Hamilton has done this before.

Really? Who brought this guy in?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1563 on: December 11, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

Einzige, they don't care. They just care to stifle our voice, and continue their monopoly. They are a terrorist regime with regards to this game and must be stopped.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1564 on: December 11, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »

Zombie reform is a two-way street. It should affect all zombies, JCP, RPP, ARC, DA and so forth. It isn't and shouldn't be an issue of parties and "oh, I found a zombie from YOUR party!!!11!!!" like it's made out to be.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1565 on: December 11, 2009, 06:03:49 PM »

Einzige, they don't care. They just care to stifle our voice, and continue their monopoly. They are a terrorist regime with regards to this game and must be stopped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1566 on: December 11, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »

Really? Who brought this guy in?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I won't defend that voter either.  My main reason for having such a problem with the ARC voters is because we all know Hamilton's history with them.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1567 on: December 11, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »

Quite. It's almost hilarious how willing Purple State is to look the other way while the JCP exerts its monopoly in this game, at the expense of the DA.

What are you talking about? A few months ago we were supposed to be a branch of the RPP. Now we are too close to the JCP. The DA is quite happy with the way things are going for our party. We don't seek any dramatic realignment of power in the game and we have been pretty successful at making sure legislation is moderated to reflect the will of the DA.

Just to address the odd belief that DA is the "little brother" of the JCP, check out this post I made, which no one bothered to respond to:
This is the first time I'm looking through this thread and must admit I've read a full one and a half pages of it, but I would like to clarify something:

The DA is a centrist party with the ideals of pragmatism and cooperation. We enjoy working together with all parties that show a genuine interest and are respectful. All of a sudden, there are claims that the DA is riding the coattails of the JCP or are "enablers" or the JCP. A few months ago we were the "lapdog" of the RPP. This seems to be a pretty radical shift.

However, from where I've been standing over that entire time, I haven't seen any such shift in the ideology, makeup or preferences of the DA. We have always stood for pragmatism. We have always been open to cooperation. It seems to me that the DA has simply sat at the center as Atlasia shifts around us. If we are closer to or further from any party, it is because that party has shifted closer to or further from the DA, not the other way around.

So let me bring us back to the question of this thread: Does the JCP control Atlasian politics? I would say no, not in any existential or meaningful way. The JCP only has so much success now because it has moderated and moved towards the center, which it took after the RPP had ceded the center and refused to cooperate respectfully. So the JCP's legislation has not been, I imagine, as leftist as one would expect to see if the party held a true monopoly on Atlasian politics. Rather, the Atlasian left's agenda has been moderated precisely because the JCP does not have the power, presently, to act unilaterally. Atlasia's center is too big and too strong for any strictly right or left party to truly have "control."
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1568 on: December 11, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

Zombie reform is a two-way street. It should affect all zombies, JCP, RPP, ARC, DA and so forth. It isn't and shouldn't be an issue of parties and "oh, I found a zombie from YOUR party!!!11!!!" like it's made out to be.

Not when it creates a deliberately political institution to resolve the "issue." Not to mention that you have yet to speak ill of the JCP's zombie voting, though I'm certain you love having bgwah pull your strings.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1569 on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »

God damn you people are annoying.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:22 PM »

Destroying competition destroys the game. How is that anything other than what I said?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1571 on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

I won't defend that voter either.  My main reason for having such a problem with the ARC voters is because we all know Hamilton's history with them.

Eight ARC members have voted for Mint. That's the highest voter-to-Party-loyalty ratio of any of the Senate candidates.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1572 on: December 11, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »

Not when it creates a deliberately political institution to resolve the "issue." Not to mention that you have yet to speak ill of the JCP's zombie voting, though I'm certain you love having bgwah pull your strings.

All zombies must go, whether they be JCP, RPP, DA, LNF, ARC, independent, Horse wtvr. They all need to be systematically removed from the game and prevented from returning to ensure that this game isn't overrun by power-hungry egos that simply recruit to win. That has always been the stance of the DA...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1573 on: December 11, 2009, 06:07:45 PM »

I think it's rather clear bgwah isn't a major friend or ally of mine personally. I am as opposed to JCP zombies, and denounced it in the past, as I am to ARC-RPP zombies.

As for your delusions that the DA is a puppet of bgwah, keep thinking what you want if it makes you happy.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1574 on: December 11, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »

You, sir, have gone mad with power.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies