bill clinton 1996 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:31:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  bill clinton 1996 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: bill clinton 1996  (Read 4005 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 20, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

I don't agree on some of these states.  Colorado is the only state he should have won; perhaps Georgia, since it went for him in '92.  SD and VA are fairly solid GOP states at the Presidential level, and he outperformed Gore in both of them.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »

I don't agree on some of these states.  Colorado is the only state he should have won; perhaps Georgia, since it went for him in '92.  SD and VA are fairly solid GOP states at the Presidential level, and he outperformed Gore in both of them.

sd and va are republican states, but should be winnable by a popular democrat incumbent...especially when the opponent is bob dole.

I just think that Clinton gained 5 points in SD, and he gained 5 points in VA.  In VA, it was the highest total for a Democrat since 1976, and in SD it was the average for a Democrat in recent elections, '80 and '84 notwithstanding.  I think Clinton hit the peak for a Democrat in SD, and likewise for VA, although I expect us to get at least 48% in VA in '08.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies