Wisconsin & Hawaii Democratic Results Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wisconsin & Hawaii Democratic Results Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: Wisconsin & Hawaii Democratic Results Discussion  (Read 25024 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:52 PM »

Obama and McCain on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to speaking. 
Rococo4

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2008, 09:57:50 PM »

So were Bush and Gore.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL! You've got to be kidding me. I understand hackery, but that's just insanity. This was a HUGE loss for Hillary!. Absolutely HUGE. Even the talking heads on MSNBC are saying that there is no way that she can spin out of this one.

She just got land-slided. Lost every portion of her coalition save for the over 50 feminist women who will always vote for her because "She's a womyn."

Here's reality.

With this win, Obama no longer has to pick off one of the Big 3. He only needs to keep it within 10.

Polls already show him doing that.

If the margin holds, she's out after March 4.  If it narrows, Hillary is in this until June.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »

Obama's winning Brown County (Green Bay).

That's it. Game over.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »

If people are whining about what policies Obama stands for and wants to hear what he plans to do...you better turn on the television right now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »

So were Bush and Gore.

In 2000, Gore was not a great public speaker. He's improved a lot since then. Bush was actually better back then, he just made his usual gaffes and mixed up, invented, or mispronounced words.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL! You've got to be kidding me. I understand hackery, but that's just insanity. This was a HUGE loss for Hillary!. Absolutely HUGE. Even the talking heads on MSNBC are saying that there is no way that she can spin out of this one.

She just got land-slided. Lost every portion of her coalition save for the over 50 feminist women who will always vote for her because "She's a womyn."

Here's reality.

With this win, Obama no longer has to pick off one of the Big 3. He only needs to keep it within 10.

Polls already show him doing that.

If the margin holds, she's out after March 4.  If it narrows, Hillary is in this until June.

Considering what's out and what's coming in, I don't see the margin narrowing, frankly...
M

« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »

I know Clinton would be a better president than Obama and would be much more likely to loose to McCain. But I can't help it. I like it when she loses.
8 out of 11 is not deserved
pollwatch99-b

« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »

I know Clinton would be a better president than Obama and would be much more likely to loose to McCain. But I can't help it. I like it when she loses.

I so disagree with you.  She will polarize the country.  Obama will not
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2008, 10:08:37 PM »

So were Bush and Gore.
Bush and Gore were both uninspiring. One was boring, the other was gaffe-prone.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »

So were Bush and Gore.

In 2000, Gore was not a great public speaker. He's improved a lot since then. Bush was actually better back then, he just made his usual gaffes and mixed up, invented, or mispronounced words.

I like thinking that Bush in 2000 was alot like a teddy bear, the american public thought his accent and mistakes were cute and made him more like one of "them"

Whereas Gore was seen as a robot.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »

Menominee County, Wisconsin
Obama: 206
Clinton: 190
100% reporting

Just an interesting tidbit from the most Native-heavy county we've seen results for yet.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »

So were Bush and Gore.

I like thinking that Bush in 2000 was alot like a teddy bear, the american public thought his accent and mistakes were cute and made him more like one of "them"

Whereas Gore was seen as a robot.

lol.... They LOVED his tom-foolery.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »

Menominee County, Wisconsin
Obama: 206
Clinton: 190
100% reporting

Just an interesting tidbit from the most Native-heavy county we've seen results for yet.

Hmmmmm....I was really looking forward to the results from here.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2008, 10:13:36 PM »

Quite frankly, the more I listen to Obama, the more bored I become.  But then again, I get annoyed by sermons in church that last longer than 15 minutes as well, so maybe I'm not the best analyst.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »

Quite frankly, the more I listen to Obama, the more bored I become.  But then again, I get annoyed by sermons in church that last longer than 15 minutes as well, so maybe I'm not the best analyst.

I do think this speech is lasting too long. He was doing better earlier on, but it is running on and on.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »

Quite frankly, the more I listen to Obama, the more bored I become.  But then again, I get annoyed by sermons in church that last longer than 15 minutes as well, so maybe I'm not the best analyst.

I do think this speech is lasting too long. He was doing better earlier on, but it is running on and on.

You guys wouldnt be able to go to a political event or a speech then, cause its like this for about an hour or so. One long speech by the candidate or politician.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »

I wasn't that interested after the beginning either.  Is this about how long his rally speeches normally last?  Can I get a pretzel and some hot dogs?

I play the short-attention-span American in another life...  Tongue
8 out of 11 is not deserved
pollwatch99-b

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2008, 10:17:37 PM »

Team Clinton must be going nuts.  His whole speech is being covered.  Hers was cut short.

Somebody said they were getting bored with his speech.  It took me 3-5 minutes with Hillary.  He is so much better though it's a "standard" speech I've heard before
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »

Quite frankly, the more I listen to Obama, the more bored I become.

Same here. I think he's a great speaker and all but it's boring now. Then again, we follow this all the time so...
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2008, 10:18:41 PM »

You guys wouldnt be able to go to a political event or a speech then, cause its like this for about an hour or so. One long speech by the candidate or politician.

Personally, I can't stand listening to politicians (or anyone else) speak at a podium like this. Obama is somewhat tolerable because he's such a good orator, but his great oratory is mostly wasted on me. And if I can't get riled up by an Obama speech, I'm certainly bored to tears by everyone else.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »

I wasn't that interested after the beginning either.  Is this about how long his rally speeches normally last?  Can I get a pretzel and some hot dogs?

I play the short-attention-span American in another life...  Tongue
I think the average is about a 45 minute speech. It really is captivating in person though.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »

Well, I have heard a lot of bits and pieces of this speech from previous speeches he's done. It's not that it's bad, it's just I've heard it already, so it's like sitting through most of the same long speech more than once.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

I think he's putting meat on the bones a bit.  Not soaring, but better.

Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of this healing crap before.  1976, from Jimmy Carter.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies