Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:25:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent?  (Read 9364 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 03:09:53 AM »

I've got nothing against my congressman, Mike Capuano.  I voted for him in 2006, and I can't envision a scenario in which I'd vote against him in 2008.

Does he even draw opponents?

I fully support Tim Johnson.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »

I'd support whoever the Green Party runs in in my constituency, although I'd vote Liberal in a Con-Lib marginal seat.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »

The real race in TN-9 is the Democratic primary. I'll be supporting Steve Cohen over Nikki Tinker.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

The real race in TN-9 is the Democratic primary. I'll be supporting Steve Cohen over Nikki Tinker.

What has Cohen done to warrant a primary challenge after just one term?  Apart from being white, of course.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

What has Cohen done to warrant a primary challenge after just one term?  Apart from being white, of course.

Not only is he white, he's Jewish as well. There two reasons...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 02:14:31 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2008, 02:20:21 PM by memphis »

Bingo. He's going to lose big. He only got thirty-something percent in the primary last time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »

Bingo. He's going to lose big. He only got thirty-something percent in the primary last time.

Which is unfortunate. He's done fine.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »

Who's your congressman and are you supporting him/her or his/her opponent?  Any other local elections you're paying attention to?

Yeegods, the day I support that nincompoop Mark Souder is the day I want to be wheeled to the looney bin.

I have supported every single one of Souder's opponents.  Some of them have been awful.  Some have been fantastic.  Michael Montagano will run a tough campaign in IN-3, work his rear end off and win about 42 percent of the vote.  Same story, different year.

Souder?  He'll tell all the brainless fundies who vote around here that if he's not re-elected, they'll start murdering babies in the House cloak room and teaching our kids to worship Satan in the public schools. 

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »

Not only that, but he's sponsered every apology for slavery/Jim Crow/whatever he can think of. Kind of cynical, but he's trying to be mindful of his constituency.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 05:11:06 AM »

Who's your congressman and are you supporting him/her or his/her opponent?  Any other local elections you're paying attention to?

Yeegods, the day I support that nincompoop Mark Souder is the day I want to be wheeled to the looney bin.

I have supported every single one of Souder's opponents.  Some of them have been awful.  Some have been fantastic.  Michael Montagano will run a tough campaign in IN-3, work his rear end off and win about 42 percent of the vote.  Same story, different year.

Souder?  He'll tell all the brainless fundies who vote around here that if he's not re-elected, they'll start murdering babies in the House cloak room and teaching our kids to worship Satan in the public schools. 

His challenger got 46% of the vote in 2006 didn't they?  Not bad in a District that gave Bush a 69%-31% margin over Kerry.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 11:21:53 AM »

Not only that, but he's sponsered every apology for slavery/Jim Crow/whatever he can think of. Kind of cynical, but he's trying to be mindful of his constituency.

He also tried to join the Congressional Black Caucus, which you have to admit was just plain ridiculous.  Still, I do pity him.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 02:06:40 AM »

I will definitely vote to reelect Bart Stupak to the House.
perdedor

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 02:29:24 AM »

I'll be supporting Lloyd Doggett (D-TX25, Austin) for re-election.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 04:21:56 AM »

Cohen is awesome. He was one of only three members of the TN state legislature to vote against banning gay marriage. His district are morons if they throw him out.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 04:49:22 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2008, 04:50:58 AM by socaldem »

I'm voting for Rep. Adam Schiff (CA-29) and though I'm often disappointed in him for being a shill for the recording industry on copyright infringement prosecutions, I'm glad to see he's supporting Obama.

That said, he's still a blue dog and I'd like to see him get some kind of appointment, though, not to anything in which he could actually do damage. 

Once he's out of the way, I predict that my soon-to-be state senator Carol Liu would take over his seat, thus ending the domination of our rightfully SGV district by the insidious Burbank/Glendale axis.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »

I will be supporting Rep. David Price (NC-4) for re-election.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »

His challenger got 46% of the vote in 2006 didn't they?  Not bad in a District that gave Bush a 69%-31% margin over Kerry.

Yes, Adlai!  His challenger did very well and Souder and the RNCCC was actually forced to dump some cash into the campaign for the first time since 1994.  His challenger, Dr. Tom Hayhurst, is a local pulmonologist and had represented Fort Wayne's most Republican district on city council for about ten years. How he succeeded is still a mystery to me, except that he is one of those doctors everyone loves.  There are all kinds of stories afloat about how much he cares for people and and patients.

I wasn't even his constituent, but I called him about a blighted lot in his city council district.  He promised to look into it and within a month, he had secured an agreement to remediate the site.  Within a year, there was a business operating there. 

But he still couldn't defeat Souder.  And since he is not running again, I don't see how 27 year old Michael Montagano -- an attorney -- will do any better.  Breaks my heart because Souder is quite possibly the worst of 435.  Or at least in the 20 worst. 

A few cycles ago, Fort Wayne's popular, three-term Republican mayor ran against Souder in the GOP primary.  And the crap Souder pulled was just shameful.  Almost as bad as what he did to Jill Long to capture the seat in 1994. 

I want him out so bad but I just don't see any way that can happen.  S'probably how Republicans feel living in Nancy Pelosi's district...LOL
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »

I want him out so bad but I just don't see any way that can happen.  S'probably how Republicans feel living in Nancy Pelosi's district...LOL

I think the CD would be the least of SF Republicans' problems.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »

I will be supporting Dale Kildee for reelection to MI-05. He got 72% of the vote last time around in a district where Kerry got 59% so he is pretty popular. Alas, I hope he retires in 2010 so my State Senator Jim Barcia can run.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 11:48:54 PM »

I will happily support Rep. Norm Dicks for re-election to his 17th term in office
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

Rep. Norm Dicks typically has assclown opponents, so I'll probably be supporting him.  He's good, even if he's a career politician if I've ever seen one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies