1980: George H.W. Bush (R) vs. Ted Kennedy (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1980: George H.W. Bush (R) vs. Ted Kennedy (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1980: George H.W. Bush (R) vs. Ted Kennedy (D)  (Read 4920 times)
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« on: February 15, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »

Hack.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:35:45 AM »

Well, you always find a way to make a pointless map that gives a democratic victory. You almost always give a democratic victory.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »

Many, but to name a few...

Georgia: they would have supported Bush because Carter had been defeated in the primaries.
California: had voted republican for every election other than 1964 up to that point since 1952. JFK lost California in 1960, why would another Kennedy carry it twenty years later?
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »

Georgia: they would have supported Bush because Carter had been defeated in the primaries.
California: had voted republican for every election other than 1964 up to that point since 1952. JFK lost California in 1960, why would another Kennedy carry it twenty years later?

Georgia would vote Democratic because of Nunn, but very closely.  California voted GOP because, in every election save 1976, when it was very close, a Californian was on the ticket.

Your statement on California made no sense what so ever. And I still am not buying your idea on Georgia.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »

Georgia would vote Democratic because of Nunn, but very closely.  California voted GOP because, in every election save 1976, when it was very close, a Californian was on the ticket.

Your statement on California made no sense what so ever. And I still am not buying your idea on Georgia.

It made perfect sense: California voted for their favorite sons.  And I don't care if you buy my opinion on Georgia; it is my idea.

There is no person from California on either ticket in this scenario.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 08:55:55 AM »

It made perfect sense: California voted for their favorite sons.  And I don't care if you buy my opinion on Georgia; it is my idea.

There is no person from California on either ticket in this scenario.

Which is exactly why they voted Democratic.

There was no person on the GOP ticket from California in 1976 either.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:31:09 PM »

You make absolutely no sense.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

California leaned Democratic except when there was a Native Son on the GOP side.  With no Californian on the ticket, they voted for the Democrats.

California would be a toss up this case, However it most likely would have voted Republican since there is a unliked Democratic President in the White House and with California voting Republican in 1976 what makes you think a Democrat even Kennedy could win it in 1980?

Also no way would Georgia have voted for Ted Kennedy even with a Georgian on the ticket.

In addition no way NJ would ether since Bush is a moderate and some of the same things with CA apply here too. 

Thank you. I hope Warner hears that.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 11:40:43 AM »

California leaned Democratic except when there was a Native Son on the GOP side.  With no Californian on the ticket, they voted for the Democrats.

California would be a toss up this case, However it most likely would have voted Republican since there is a unliked Democratic President in the White House and with California voting Republican in 1976 what makes you think a Democrat even Kennedy could win it in 1980?

Also no way would Georgia have voted for Ted Kennedy even with a Georgian on the ticket.

In addition no way NJ would ether since Bush is a moderate and some of the same things with CA apply here too. 

Thank you. I hope Warner hears that.

That is certainly better logic than calling me a hack Tongue  Have you ever tried stating your actual reasons?

I almost always give an actual reason, you just do not want to hear what I am saying when I do give an actual reason. As a result, you call me a hack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies