Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who had a Better night on Feb. 5th Obama or Clinton?
Obama

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton?  (Read 10061 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:08:04 AM »

Everyone said whoever won California would be the winner.  Clinton won it, hands down.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »

The media is fawning of Obama that if his grandmother voted against him, they call it racism.

bitter...

That's truth talking, not bitterness.  No one who has watched TV for even half a second can deny that Obama is the media's choice.  There is no negative media attached to him whatsoever, while on the opposite end Hillary gets nothing but negative media.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

I would say Obama, if only because he didn't get destroyed. In fact, he actually overperformed. I would be very nervous if I were Clinton, it's a very close race and the primaries to come strongly favor Obama.

I'm just glad that Texas actually matters in something related to the Democrats. Smiley

I disagree.  Obama underperformed in the states he was trying to make a surprise upset over Hillary.  These are California (the biggest one, and a huge loss to Obama--the most recent polls showed him in the lead), New Jersey, Massachusetts...  Sure, he overperformed elsewhere, as in my own state of Georgia, but we all know which demographic he has to thank for that.

In fact, I would go so far to say that if Obama had the exact same message and political views, but was white, he would not have won here, and wouldn't have won a few other states either like Alabama; at the very least, the races would've run a lot closer here.  This just goes to show how helpful the black vote is, and how helpful they are to a black candidate.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »

To all those who said it was better for Clinton: Intrade disagrees.

That doesn't mean anything at all, actually.

Did Clinton win what she was expected to win? Did Obama win what he was expected to win?

Simple as that.

You're right.  Clinton won everything she was expected to win except Missouri.  However, she also picked up California and New Jersey, both states she was not expected to perform too well in.  Even more unexpected for Hillary was the large lead she enjoyed in California.

Obama, on the other hand, won almost everything he was expected to win, plus Missouri.  He did, however, lose two states that should have gone his way--two states that were polling his way, and were expected to go his way:  California and New Jersey.  Those are two very big losses for him, while Hillary really didn't have any huge upsets (she didn't lose Missouri by more than a percentage point, and in fact carried the state the whole night up until the last few precincts came in.  (I might count Massachusetts as well, given his endorsements from the state's two senators and governor, but I'm not sure how polling was up to yesterday's vote.)

Hillary leads in the delegate race.  She leads in the popular vote, when combining the vote totals from each state so far.  That's what you call a winner.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »

Obama took CT, DE, MO and NM is still too close to call. She took the states she was supposed to take, he took the states he was supposed to take, and then he took a couple extra.

Define "a couple extra."

And Clinton was supposed to take California?  Hmm...I guess I was dreaming when all the media and polls showed Obama ahead in the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies