Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:20:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who had a Better night on Feb. 5th Obama or Clinton?
Obama

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Who had a Better night Obama or Clinton?  (Read 10034 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: February 06, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

Man, you guys are really true believers (...) in the American public (...).
That's a pretty harsh way of telling someone he's deranged.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »

He did, however, lose two states that should have gone his way--two states that were polling his way, and were expected to go his way:  California and New Jersey.

Not a single poll in over a year had Obama winning New Jersey.  The average of every poll since February 1st was a 6 point lead for Clinton.

There was that supposed last minute surge for Obama.
Yeah well, "New Jersey for Clinton" was still of news value comparable to "DC for Kerry" in the 2004 general to the uninformed observer. Really, there'd be few states she has less business losing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »

He did, however, lose two states that should have gone his way--two states that were polling his way, and were expected to go his way:  California and New Jersey.

Not a single poll in over a year had Obama winning New Jersey.  The average of every poll since February 1st was a 6 point lead for Clinton.

I was referring to California, not NJ.  Sorry for the confusion.

There was that supposed last minute surge for Obama.
Yeah well, "New Jersey for Clinton" was still of news value comparable to "DC for Kerry" in the 2004 general to the uninformed observer. Really, there'd be few states she has less business losing.
Ah. Yeah, I was hoping for a surprise there, but I expected something closer in liner with what we got.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »

Substantially more. Not effectively equal numbers.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]As if that was the only thing that mattered. Massachusetts was never a likely candidate for an Obama win.

[/quote]Missouri is hardly a strongly Black state. They're just very concentrated. (No, I'm not "shocked".) CT was always going to be Obama's best state in southern New England, but I wouldn't have guessed him to win it.

Under no circumstances would I EVER vote for Hillary! She could be running against Kermit the Frog, and Kermit would get my vote. Beyond that, Obama is inspiring, positive and hopeful.
[/quote]Well, Kermit... yeah, I'm tempted to agree. But not anybody from the original Republican field.
LOL at Hillary being "cruel". Seems like the 94 Radio Right Brainwashing has caused lasting damage to the American psyche.... As for cunning and manipulative... All successful politicians are. Up to a point. Obama is.  As for "inspiring and positive", that's just a friendly way of saying "manipulative".
And drop the annoying ! if you want people to take you seriously. Just a friendly suggestion. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:01:47 AM »

People are generally both more intelligent and less well informed than the political and media classes like to think.
And it's largely the political and media classes' fault. Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »

You think McCain is going to appoint hardcore conservatives? LOL!
Certainly hardcore conservatives in my book, yes. It might not quite be Scalia but more Alito's the best to hope for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies