Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:05:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?  (Read 13145 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »

I say he deserves our respect, if nothing else for standing up and being man enough to stand up and admit to his indiscretions in front of the whole state/country.

Not only that, but unlike many people who come out of the closet and act like it's their God-given right to foresake their prior commitments and relationships and family, McGreevey had the guts to admit that he broke his own marriage vows, and that that was wrong.  I have to say I admire that.

Try getting that admission out of Bishop Gene Robinson.  Good luck.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2004, 02:48:06 PM »

Yep, he was busted, what else could he have done

I did not have sexual relations with that man......

Well, if you define sex in way similar to the way social conservatives want to define marriage, well then he couldn't have had sexual relations with any man.  Smiley

Or if you define "sexual relations" the way Bill Clinton defines it...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2004, 02:50:30 PM »

Well, if you define sex in way similar to the way social conservatives want to define marriage, well then he couldn't have had sexual relations with any man.  Smiley

Hey Beef I noticed the sign in your signature. Why are you supporting Michels? Why not Welch or Darrow?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2004, 03:34:37 PM »

Hey Beef I noticed the sign in your signature. Why are you supporting Michels? Why not Welch or Darrow?

Russ Darrow is leading the money race (thanks to the fact that he owns half the car dealerships in Wisconsin), but he just doesn't do anything for me, and I think he has the worst chance of beating Feingold.  Next is Tim Michaels, who I have to say is very likable and charismatic.  A former Army Ranger who retired as a Major.  I like Lorge a lot (he impressed me in a public radio interview) but he's way behind in the money.  I have also heard Welch has the best chance of defeating Feingold, but I'm not sure.  More research is needed.  I just happen to really like Michaels.

I will support any of the Republican nominees against Feingold.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2004, 03:40:28 PM »

Russ Darrow is leading the money race (thanks to the fact that he owns half the car dealerships in Wisconsin), but he just doesn't do anything for me, and I think he has the worst chance of beating Feingold.  Next is Tim Michaels, who I have to say is very likable and charismatic.  A former Army Ranger who retired as a Major.  I like Lorge a lot (he impressed me in a public radio interview) but he's way behind in the money.  I have also heard Welch has the best chance of defeating Feingold, but I'm not sure.  More research is needed.  I just happen to really like Michaels.

I will support any of the Republican nominees against Feingold.

I like Darrow and Welch. Both seem like great candidates. Welch does have the best chance against Feingold, followed by Darrow. Michels chances in the primary aren't very good and he won't have enough name ID if he got to the general election. My adivce: If you won't vote for Darrow, look at Welch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »

As expected, the NJ GOP leaders call for McGreevey's immediate resignation.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/081304_nw_mcgreeveyresigns.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2004, 09:39:59 PM »

Former Governor Don DiFrancesco (who took over when Christine Todd Whitman left to serve as the head of the EPA) is considering a run for Governor.

http://politicsnj.com  The brief article is on the right side of the page in the yellow column
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2004, 12:35:33 PM »

I heard this when I was up in Canada.  IT even made CBC.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies