"Red Letter Christians"

(1/3) > >>

etnavibes:
I'm reading the book "Red Letter Christians" by Tony Campolo. Campolo talks about Christians who believe Christ would neither be Democrat nor Republican, and just listen to the words of Jesus- hence the "Red Letter" part. What is great about this book is that he talks about how the Christian Right does NOT represent all voters of faith. While stating that abortion and gay marriage are hot topics, other topics, such as the environment, poverty, education, etc. All-in-all it is a great book that progressive, moderate and conservative Christians would like to read.

I recommend it!

afleitch:
I can't fault their commitment to social justice and they often find common cause with progressive/liberal Christians. John Danforth would be involved in that to a degree wouldn't he?

etnavibes:
Quote from: afleitch on February 01, 2008, 05:13:24 PM

John Danforth would be involved in that to a degree wouldn't he?

With that particular group, I am not sure if he is affiliated but he is a vocal advocate of moderate Christian policy.

etnavibes:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/185/story_18562_1.html

This is an article by Campolo about RLCs that is expanded upon in the book.

Ebowed:
Campolo has some notoriety among fundamentalists and conservatives because he was a religious advisor to Bill Clinton and also suggested that he supports same-sex civil unions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page