The Bible and Homosexuality

(1/5) > >>

Josh/Devilman88:
I know we might have discuss this before, but I want to know more about this subject. What does the Bible really have to say about it? I really don't want to debate this subject at all, just want the facts. Could someone help me and explain it where I can understand it.

Kaine for Senate '18:
The Bible says a man shall not lay with another man; same for women.  I know it says other things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Filuwaúrdjan:
Oh dear.

*hides*

afleitch:
It depends how what is written is read.

Best to read the discussion here.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=64550.30

The Mikado:
Quote from: Lt. Governor Warner for Senate '08 on January 29, 2008, 05:04:38 PM

The Bible says a man shall not lay with another man; same for women.  I know it says other things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Actually, the only mention of lesbianism is in St. Paul's letter to the Romans, not in the famed Leviticus 18:20 mentioned above.  Lesbianism isn't mentioned one way or the other in the Old Testament.

In I Corinthians, Paul says that effeminate men will not get into Heaven.

Actually, the condemnation of homosexuality goes into far more intricate passages.  Genesis 19 implies that Sodom was destroyed for condoning that practice (and showing really, really bad hospitality), and though the crime of Ham in Genesis 9 is not made clear (Ham "saw his father's nakedness" while Noah was drunk, and Noah "saw what was done to him" and cursed Ham's son Caanan), the Bible does use "saw _____'s nakedness" as an euphenism for sex, could be viewed as a statement that Ham raped his father, leading to the severity of the curse.

On the other hand, David loved Jonathan...let me find the phrase...ah yes..."Thy love was wonderful to me, passing the love of woman."  And David loved a lot of women, so Jonathan must've been one special guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page