Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:42:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Author Topic: Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)  (Read 20690 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »

Edwards won 11 counties tonight to Obama's 7. Ouch.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »

I am strongly considering switching my support to Obama now that McCain will win the nomination of the Republicans.
Do it. Do you really want President McCain?

Yes
Do you really want to stay in Iraq for 100 years, instead of fighting the recession?

Preventing genocide is a great priority to me than stopping an American recession.  I guess I just care about human rights, namely the right to life.  But, that's just me.

Yeah, me too. However, if that's your position, why not advocate sending troops into Sudan, Kenya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Palestine, and half the 3rd world. Since they potentionally fall into that category as well.

Believe me, Iraq was not my first choice.  In fact, I don't think we should've gone in, but now that we're there, I see no way we can leave.

I do support sending troops definitely into Sudan, along with possibly Kenya and Somalia.  Of course, the United States has limited resources, so we can't go into every country with human rights violations.

However, I also think we need to step up the diplomatic angle, where we have been especially lacking lately.  We need to really start showing the world that America is a place that values human rights.

Then be prepared to explain that to mothers around the country when their son or daughter comes home in a bodybag.
I believe we should have some form of national service, where each young person must his or her nation in some capacity, whether it be militarily or in another manner.  Of course, I think there should be extra incentives to serve it militarily.

Every person who is prepared to serve in our military or any military must realize that they may lose their lives.  To not realize this is either stupidity or blind ignorance.

Of course, this does not mean that the death of a soldier is not a horrible thing, but one should not be surprised that people will die in a war
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »

McCain has a nice tie on tonight.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »

I am strongly considering switching my support to Obama now that McCain will win the nomination of the Republicans.

Yes
Do you really want to stay in Iraq for 100 years, instead of fighting the recession?

Preventing genocide is a great priority to me than stopping an American recession.  I guess I just care about human rights, namely the right to life.  But, that's just me.

Yeah, me too. However, if that's your position, why not advocate sending troops into Sudan, Kenya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Palestine, and half the 3rd world. Since they potentionally fall into that category as well.

Believe me, Iraq was not my first choice.  In fact, I don't think we should've gone in, but now that we're there, I see no way we can leave.

I do support sending troops definitely into Sudan, along with possibly Kenya and Somalia.  Of course, the United States has limited resources, so we can't go into every country with human rights violations.

However, I also think we need to step up the diplomatic angle, where we have been especially lacking lately.  We need to really start showing the world that America is a place that values human rights.

Then be prepared to explain that to mothers around the country when their son or daughter comes home in a bodybag.

Like millions of mothers in the Second World War? Are we so terrified of casualties that we will let millions die rather than resort to war as an instrument of policy?If so, our civilization deserves to fail. But I don't think we're at that point yet.

Comparing Iraq and today's conflicts to WW2 is just phony. The difference is that we were attacked in ww2. The American people understood that then and that's why I support the conflict in Afghanistan. Iraq and conficts in Africa and Asia don't even draw comparison to ww2.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #404 on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:11 PM »

Wow... McCain's daughter is HOT
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:27 PM »

McCain's speechs are hella weak.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »

Yes

I believe we should have some form of national service, where each young person must his or her nation in some capacity, whether it be militarily or in another manner.  Of course, I think there should be extra incentives to serve it militarily.

Every person who is prepared to serve in our military or any military must realize that they may lose their lives.  To not realize this is either stupidity or blind ignorance.

Of course, this does not mean that the death of a soldier is not a horrible thing, but one should not be surprised that people will die in a war
Screw America's imperialism if National Service is implemented. I am going to Canada and live in a much better country, than a Imperialistic sh**thole, that we would be if we fought in 10 countries.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #407 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »

Well, now that that pile of rhetorical vomit is finally down the toilet, we can finally hear a real man speak.

Yes.

Rudy-Romney-McCain

Its a sh**t sandwich.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #408 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:07 PM »

Hes older than Jesus, if I were that old I dont think id have the amazing ability at public speaking either.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »

Well, now that that pile of rhetorical vomit is finally down the toilet, we can finally hear a real man speak.

Yes.

Rudy-Romney-McCain

Its a sh**t sandwich.
The question is will the Democrats dominate a Douche or a awesome guy.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #410 on: January 29, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2008, 09:57:54 PM by J. J. »

Paul 2%

Scattered 4%

Huckabee 13%

Giuliani  14%

Romney 33%

McCain 34%

Off by less than 2% on each.  Smiley

Accolades anyone?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #411 on: January 29, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »

McCain just spent about a minute talking about Rudy... yup... looks like the endorsement is a done deal.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: January 29, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

Yes

Screw America's imperialism if National Service is implemented. I am going to Canada and live in a much better country, than a Imperialistic sh**thole, that we would be if we fought in 10 countries.
Yes, because service and devotion to one's nation is a bad thing.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2008, 09:55:06 PM »

Yes

So you basically want a form of the draft. I personally think it's unconstitutionally, but I would rather not get into a debate on that.

Yes, everyone in the military need to realize that they may lose there lives. However, it's the job of our leaders to do what's in their best interest, and to defend the American people and its interests. Not the interests of the people half way around the world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #414 on: January 29, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »

McCain just spent about a minute talking about Rudy... yup... looks like the endorsement is a done deal.

Yep.  The Republican Nomination has been decided.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: January 29, 2008, 09:56:39 PM »

Yes

So you basically want a form of the draft. I personally think it's unconstitutionally, but I would rather not get into a debate on that.

Yes, everyone in the military need to realize that they may lose there lives. However, it's the job of our leaders to do what's in their best interest, and to defend the American people and its interests. Not the interests of the people half way around the world.

It is the duty of our leaders to defend what America stands for, which I would hope would be the equality of mankind, a founding principle of this nation.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »

Democrats:

Clinton 50%
Obama 33%
Edwards 14%

Obama is still getting closer as more of the vote comes in.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #417 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:22 PM »

Jackson County is literally a 3-way tie.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #418 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:30 PM »

This is a pleasant surprise -McCain's margin of victory is significantly larger (at this point) than I thought it would be:

McCain: 36%
Romney: 31
Giuliani: 15
Huckabee: 14
------------------------

With 75% reporting. 
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #419 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

Democrats:

Clinton 50%
Obama 33%
Edwards 14%

Obama is still getting closer as more of the vote comes in.

Obama did remarkably well, relatively, in Miami-Dade, 40%. Still, Clinton's lead will rise when the laggards in Palm Beach County get around to counting votes.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #420 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

Yes

It is the duty of our leaders to defend what America stands for, which I would hope would be the equality of mankind, a founding principle of this nation.

If that was the case, then we would'nt have gone to half of the undeclared wars that we've been in because we were and still are propping up Right-wing dictatorships.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #421 on: January 29, 2008, 10:00:12 PM »

Hes older than Jesus, if I were that old I dont think id have the amazing ability at public speaking either.

No, he's always been a s**t house speaker.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »

Yes

Yes, because service and devotion to one's nation is a bad thing.
Yeah if it means I am going to die, in a pointless struggle against forces we can't control.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »

Yes

If that was the case, then we would'nt have gone to half of the undeclared wars that we've been in because we were and still are propping up Right-wing dictatorships.

When did I say I supported right-wing dictatorships?

I would not have supported Pinochet.  I do not support the Saudi royal family (though, I can have to for the short-term because the most viable alternative is even more disgusting).  I do not support Musharraf, and I would not have supported Chang Kai-Shek (although again, the alternative in Mao is worse).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »

Why have like no votes come in from Okeechobee or Palm Beach? That's pretty odd.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies