Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: Official Florida Primary Result Page (Bipartisan)  (Read 20589 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »

Romney seems like he is about to cry.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #376 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »

I'm here with a dozen young Republicans who are all for Rudy at heart. One is begging him to stay in...

As tempted as I am still to vote for him, I'm thinking it's stupid if he's endorsing someone else.

McCain '08.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #377 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »

I thought Rudy was for awhile. Kinda sad.....I guess
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #378 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:47 PM »

I am strongly considering switching my support to Obama now that McCain will win the nomination of the Republicans.
Do it. Do you really want President McCain?

Yes
Do you really want to stay in Iraq for 100 years, instead of fighting the recession?

Preventing genocide is a great priority to me than stopping an American recession.  I guess I just care about human rights, namely the right to life.  But, that's just me.
There would not be a genocide in Iraq. There are hundreds of thousands of Iraqi soldiers fighting for Democracy.
Do you honestly believe that if American troops were to leave, that the Iraqi troops could prevent a huge rise in sectarian violence?
Enough to prevent a genocide. Who cares about the Sectarian Violence? That will always happen even if we stay for 20 years.
So I take it you value the life of an American more than the life of an Iraqi?
Quite frankly I do. They will always fight and it is not our job to police the world.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #379 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:09 PM »

I am strongly considering switching my support to Obama now that McCain will win the nomination of the Republicans.

Yes
Do you really want to stay in Iraq for 100 years, instead of fighting the recession?

Preventing genocide is a great priority to me than stopping an American recession.  I guess I just care about human rights, namely the right to life.  But, that's just me.

Yeah, me too. However, if that's your position, why not advocate sending troops into Sudan, Kenya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Palestine, and half the 3rd world. Since they potentionally fall into that category as well.

Believe me, Iraq was not my first choice.  In fact, I don't think we should've gone in, but now that we're there, I see no way we can leave.

I do support sending troops definitely into Sudan, along with possibly Kenya and Somalia.  Of course, the United States has limited resources, so we can't go into every country with human rights violations.

However, I also think we need to step up the diplomatic angle, where we have been especially lacking lately.  We need to really start showing the world that America is a place that values human rights.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #380 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:26 PM »

Should Romney even bother to continue?

Oh, he can stay in through Super Tuesday, and possibly through February 12 or even 19, but he's facing enormous odds.  McCain is the nominee for all intents and purposes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »

Yes

There would not be a genocide in Iraq. There are hundreds of thousands of Iraqi soldiers fighting for Democracy.

So long as they vote for Saddam Hussein!
What I am not understanding you?

They had a one party and candidate "democracy."  They'll get a working one.  It won't be perfect, but they will run it.  It took us a few decades to get in right.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »

Wow... "Let's tell those who are critical of Bush...."

That line was the ultimate pander.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #383 on: January 29, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »

Yes

Do you honestly believe that if American troops were to leave, that the Iraqi troops could prevent a huge rise in sectarian violence?
Enough to prevent a genocide. Who cares about the Sectarian Violence? That will always happen even if we stay for 20 years.
So I take it you value the life of an American more than the life of an Iraqi?
Quite frankly I do. They will always fight and it is not our job to police the world.
So what ever happened to "all men are created equal?"  Or does that apply only to people in the rich world.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #384 on: January 29, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »

Go back to Utah, Mitt.  Quit embarrassing yourself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #385 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »

He hasn't looked very good the past week.  I think he's been sick.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »

Yes

So long as they vote for Saddam Hussein!
What I am not understanding you?

They had a one party and candidate "democracy."  They'll get a working one.  It won't be perfect, but they will run it.  It took us a few decades to get in right.

I am talking about today. Now. In 2008. They like Democracy and their soldiers will fight for it. There is no reason why they would ditch if they "love" it so much and if they don't we shouldn't be forcing it on millions.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #387 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:36 PM »

Oh, he can stay in through Super Tuesday, and possibly through February 12 or even 19, but he's facing enormous odds.  McCain is the nominee for all intents and purposes.

It's a waste of money at this point.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »

"freedom loving, God fearing...."  Wow... how many platitudes that Romney fit into one breath?
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »

He hasn't looked very good the past week.  I think he's been sick.

He's a dumbass is what is wrong with him
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #390 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »

Jackson County is currently a 31-31-31 three-way tie on the Democratic side.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

Wow... "Let's tell those who are critical of Bush...."

That line was the ultimate pander.

So he's basically talking about everyone in the world.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »

Romney's speech was especially horrible tonight. I can't wait to see him drop out. Oh, I can't wait.

"freedom loving, God fearing...."  Wow... how many platitudes that Romney fit into one breath?

Yeah, it was ridiculous.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

Yes

Yeah, me too. However, if that's your position, why not advocate sending troops into Sudan, Kenya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Palestine, and half the 3rd world. Since they potentionally fall into that category as well.

Believe me, Iraq was not my first choice.  In fact, I don't think we should've gone in, but now that we're there, I see no way we can leave.

I do support sending troops definitely into Sudan, along with possibly Kenya and Somalia.  Of course, the United States has limited resources, so we can't go into every country with human rights violations.

However, I also think we need to step up the diplomatic angle, where we have been especially lacking lately.  We need to really start showing the world that America is a place that values human rights.

Then be prepared to explain that to mothers around the country when their son or daughter comes home in a bodybag.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

It's a waste of money at this point.

You're right, it is, but Romney doesn't see it that way.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »

Well, now that that pile of rhetorical vomit is finally down the toilet, we can finally hear a real man speak.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:51 PM »

Orange County Democrats have been reincarnated!

And they've voted 48-39-10 for Clinton.
M

« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »

Yes

Then be prepared to explain that to mothers around the country when their son or daughter comes home in a bodybag.

Like millions of mothers in the Second World War? Are we so terrified of casualties that we will let millions die rather than resort to war as an instrument of policy?If so, our civilization deserves to fail. But I don't think we're at that point yet.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:21 PM »

Yes

Like millions of mothers in the Second World War? Are we so terrified of casualties that we will let millions die rather than resort to war as an instrument of policy?If so, our civilization deserves to fail. But I don't think we're at that point yet.
Let it fail then. I would rather want all of America suffer, rather than millons of brave, innocent soldiers, who just want to serve our country, not promote imperialism.
M

« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2008, 09:45:59 PM »

Well, now that that pile of rhetorical vomit is finally down the toilet, we can finally hear a real man speak.

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies