Me and Obama.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:41:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Me and Obama.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Me and Obama.  (Read 941 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »

OK forgive this self-indulgence.

I've gotten a couple of PMs asking why I support Clinton and Edwards over Obama. The usual thing pointed out to me is that he and I are on the same page on most things.

Just for the record I wanted to state this.

I've met Senator Obama, and had a good 5 minute chat with him, he's a great guy a wonderful orator and a great standard barer for the Democratic party. Which of course begs the question why support Hillary over Barack?

I will admit that the speed with which the left attached themselves to him scared me, when the left chose the nominee... they pick losers. I support Clinton because I think she's smart, determined, and has the strength of character required (she didn't run from her decisions). Frankly I couldn't care less if she's a bitch or plays dirty... this is politics people, it's dirty - you don't get anywhere by being nice. I have also stated from the outset that I would support whoever the nominee is.

I also think the ridiculous level of venom directed toward Clinton makes me want to support her even more.

I have significant concerns about Obama's experience (those who discount the importance of this are luring themselves in a dangerous position) - but tonight, probably for the first time when I saw Obama speak, I saw a president - not just a rock-star.  Clinton will remain my #1 choice, since I feel she's the right candidate for this election, but should she no longer continue, I will be proud to put my support behind Senator Obama.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies