Foggy Bottom Live
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Foggy Bottom Live
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Foggy Bottom Live  (Read 2223 times)
M

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2004, 02:55:39 PM »

This thread is based on John Ford's similar thread, and will explain my actions os Sec of State.
M

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 03:04:19 PM »

I have approached the government of Egypt about their support for a possible offensive in the Sudan. Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has blamed Sudan for his attempted assassination in Addis Adaba in 1995. Egypt could provide a base for staging operations, logistical or even troop support. In addition, Egypt is a leading nation of the Arab League and OIC, and could attempt to persuade other member nations of these groupings to support our action in the Sudan.

I have also contacted the Chinese government about the North Korean situation.  have asked that they join us on looking into the possibility of a massive refugee release program. China would open its borders to North Korean refugees, and the United States or a third country could provide permanent residences for them. Nations to contact about this are South Korea, Japan, and Canada. This will help destabilize the North Korean govt, perhaps fatally (as when East German refugees poured into Hungary in 1989, spelling the downfall of that country), and wil help alleviate the suffering of these oppressed North Koreans.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 04:31:05 PM »

I like the refugee release idea, but the Sudan thing is over for now.
M

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 04:57:52 PM »

Is it? What happened?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 05:20:54 PM »

The threat of force backed the Sudanese down.  They accepted a African peacekeeping force and went back to the peace table.

We'll see how long it holds.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 06:02:40 PM »

That will depend in part  upon who next is GM.
M

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 02:55:42 PM »

I am travelling this week to Berlin, Rome, Ankara, Seoul, and Tokyo to consult with allies about easing the transition of troop movements abroad. I will also have stopovers in Warsaw and Sofia to discuss basing troops in the former Eastern bloc.

Next week I hope to visit Vladimir Putin and discuss the troop movements with him, emphasizing that these are decidedly not aimed at Russia or the other CIS nations.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies