Find the highest price for unleaded gas - Wisconsin = $2.22 and your state?

<< < (3/7) > >>

MN-Troy:
Quote from: nomorelies on August 07, 2004, 08:08:21 AM

MILWAUKEE ? Gas prices in Wisconsin have shot up by 54 cents per gallon since George Bush took office, costing local families $723 more per year, according to a report released today by John Kerry?s presidential campaign. The report was unveiled today by local Kerry supporters at a Milwaukee gas station where the price for regular unleaded gasoline is $2.22 a gallon.

Can your state beat the $2.22 a gallon?

I was in Wisconsin two weekends ago to visit family and I noticed a $.30 per gallon price difference from Minnesota to Wisconsin. I asked around about the high gasoline prices and I got this:

The state of Wisconsin has a flat license tab renewal rate of around $50 for any automobile. Minnesota, on the other hand, license tab renewal is set at $189 for the renewal and then subsequently the renewal rate is $99 plus any other tax. To make up for this revenue lost, the state of Wisconsin has enacted a 13.1-cent gas tax (not including the Federal rate of 18.4 cents).

Wisconsin, in addition to the above average gas tax, has a type of reformulated that is not easy to produce and the adds to the price per gallon.

Given the huge demand for oil in India and China and domestic problem with Russia and Venezuela, I have doubts that the price of gas in Wisconsin will fall below $2.00 per gallon.

MN-Troy:
Quote from: nomorelies on August 07, 2004, 08:43:42 AM

Officially the record in Wisconsin is around $2.156 but that was recorded.

Heres a list of the swing states
- West Virginia = 2.065
- Oregan = 2.377
- Ohio = 2.096
- Michigan = 2.149
- Pennslyvania = 2.147
- Washington = 2.356
- Minnesota = 2.100
- Iowa = 2.009
- Missouri = 1.979
- Arkansas = 1.990
- Maine = 2.105
- New Hampshire = 2.059
- Florida = 2.096
- Nevada = 2.357
- New Mexico = 2.034

The democratic states
- Hawaii = 2.669
- California = 2.489
- New York = 2.282
- Illinois = 2.192

The Republican States
- Texas = 1.952
- South Carolina = 1.920
- Alabama = 1.980
- Mississippi = 1.932
- Georgia = 1.965
- Oklahoma = 1.917

http://198.6.95.31/sbsavg.asp

Where do you get those gas price numbers? Are those the current gas price average or the record high for the year?

----

I paid 1.83/gallon and I live in the northern tier suburbs of the Twin Cities.

muon2:
Quote from: MN-Troy on August 07, 2004, 02:02:49 PM

Wisconsin, in addition to the above average gas tax, has a type of reformulated that is not easy to produce and the adds to the price per gallon.

This single best thing that the Federal government could do to control price is to enact a single standard for reformulated gasoline in the non-attainment areas. The market is strangled by the inability to transport gasoline from an area of supply to one of demand.

We had a spike in IL a few summers ago when the combination of a pipeline problem and refinery problem deeply cut the capacity to make the special formula required in the Chicago metro area. I could drive 20 miles west to save 40 cents/gal by leaving the non-attainment area. If gas could be moved more easily between regions the price effects would have been much less.

minionofmidas:
Quote from: Lunar on August 07, 2004, 11:32:23 AM

California is probably around $2.30-$2.40 around San Francisco (despite the infrastructure and density making it cheaper to get it there) and around $2.10 where I live, out in the middle of nowhere.

Odd. In Germany it tends to be slightly cheaper in the cities.

Lunar:
Quote from: Laloo Prasad on August 07, 2004, 02:57:07 PM

Quote from: Lunar on August 07, 2004, 11:32:23 AM

California is probably around $2.30-$2.40 around San Francisco (despite the infrastructure and density making it cheaper to get it there) and around $2.10 where I live, out in the middle of nowhere.

Odd. In Germany it tends to be slightly cheaper in the cities.

People in the cities have more money.

Logically speaking, it should be more expensive in the rural areas because it costs more for transportation and you sell less than in the city, so you need a higher profit margin.  However, the free market doesn't work with oil prices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page