Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point
Agree

Disgree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point  (Read 21548 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: December 20, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

Romney, McCain and Huckabee have the only shot.  The party will never endorse a dove on the war, like Paul.  Not ever. I don't care if he wins Iowa. Fuggedaboutit.  It is more likely to endorse a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-urban development, pro-gun control Republican like Rudy.  But that is also unlikely in the extreme. Plus, Giuliani's personal baggage and ethical scandals are bad news for hi

Romney and Huckabee are the most viable of the three.  But McCain could emerge at the end of the day as the guy most people trust.  His breadth of experience, years of service and steady, trusted wisdom on issues of national defense and foreign policy may force Republicans to revisit his candidacy.  Even those who, like me, hate McCain's position on Iraq, may feel that overall -- he's the best of the Republicans with an uncertain foreign policy future looming.

At the very start of all this, I picked Romney because of his deep pockets, good looks, lack of personal scandal and his ability to play both sides against the middle (conservative in the primary, moderate in the general).  I stand by that.  But I am not ruling out McCain or Huckabee.

Thompson and Hunter are done.  (And I readily confess, I picked Hunter as the surprise guy at the beginning -- not the guy who would win, but the guy who come close.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies