Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:05:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point
Agree

Disgree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Only Romney and Huckabee stand a chance at the nomination at this point  (Read 21531 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« on: December 20, 2007, 01:16:24 PM »

I disagree.

If John McCain places an unexpected 3rd in Iowa and Mike Huckabee wins 1st place there, the media will be trumpeting Romney's fall, McCain's surge, and Huck's win, in that order. McCain will then close the small gap in NH and win his home away from home. The next primary state is Michigan, which voted for McCain in 2000. If the Arizona Senator can win there too, he'll have two wins in the first three states and all the momentum going into South Carolina and Super Tuesday.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »

Having said that, I'd like to know what MODU is smoking when he says that Giuliani still has the best shot.

Only the same thing that the people saying McCain and Paul are still in it.  Tongue 

McCain is now tied in NH. In a deadlocked race with five candidates bunched together and a sixth with a huge campaign warchest, it's unwise to count out the one who actually has presidential campaign experience.  Washington insiders like Charlie Black and Henry Kissinger, who both back McCain, rarely endorse also-rans. Bold statement: If Huck wins the Hawkeye State, McCain will win NH. Period. If that happens, Romney's probably finished, Thompson's cooked, and Giuliani may gain a second wind going into Super Tuesday.

Despite the media hubbub over his falling poll numbers, I think now is the time to jump on Rudy Giuliani's bandwagon. The single greatest impediment to a Giuliani nomination win is the early success of Mitt "Moneybags" Romney. If Huck and McCain knock off the Mormon early on, Rudy will be the odds on favorite to win the most delegates on Feb. 5th.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:55:31 PM »

At the very start of all this, I picked Romney because of his deep pockets, good looks, lack of personal scandal and his ability to play both sides against the middle (conservative in the primary, moderate in the general).  I stand by that.  But I am not ruling out McCain or Huckabee

My view exactly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies