The "Life" Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:38:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The "Life" Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The "Life" Bill  (Read 5741 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 06:39:38 AM »

How come Conservatives who want smaller government insist on government running women's lives and restricting their freedom.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 07:50:56 AM »

How come Conservatives who want smaller government insist on government running women's lives and restricting their freedom.

Oh, please, why do some people have to pretend to not understand the issues? You must know that the issue whether we view a fetus as a human being or not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004, 09:06:25 AM »

I'd like to propose an amendment:
"excepting extraordinary circumstances, such as High Treason, Mass Murder, Mass Terrorism and Serial Murder." be stricken from Section C.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2004, 02:19:27 PM »

We don't believe in smaller government.  We believe in free markets and traditional values.  We only look hypocritical if you mis-state our philosophy.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2004, 02:43:50 PM »

We don't believe in smaller government.  We believe in free markets and traditional values.  We only look hypocritical if you mis-state our philosophy.

We believe in a smaller government than we have now.  We believe that the government spends too much money and often intrudes into people's lives where it shouldn't.  However, we believe in smaller government only as a means to an end--the end being an effective government that works to maintain order in the country, that protects its citizens from both foreign invaders and from lawlessness and depravity that will tear apart any civilized society.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2004, 03:51:50 PM »

Ford, bingo.  I would also say that I want more effecient social programs that acctually punish, rather than reward, abusers.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2004, 03:57:43 PM »

I see no one reacting to my amendment...
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2004, 05:58:24 PM »

At least John F. is honest here. The belief in free markets and traditional values is not hypocritical (though I disagree with it).

But what is hypocritical is when conservatives say they support smaller government and then turn around and support a number of intrusive measures.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2004, 06:02:10 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2004, 06:18:47 PM by nclib »

Oh, please, why do some people have to pretend to not understand the issues? You must know that the issue whether we view a fetus as a human being or not.

Even if we avoid the issue of abortion, there are quite many issues where conservatives want more government than liberals. Such as:

1st and 4th amendments
most gay rights issues
immigration
capital punishment
travel to Cuba
military spending
war on drugs
flag burning
internet regulation
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2004, 09:34:08 AM »

I see no one reacting to my amendment...
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2004, 02:09:56 PM »

I do not support your amendment, nor do I support this bill. Sorry Supersoulty, Voting will commence one week from the date of proposal.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 02:48:28 PM »

will we not vote on the amendment?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2004, 02:51:16 PM »

Yes we will, I am waiting for the week of debate to end first.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004, 03:34:13 AM »

As this bill has now become irrelivant, I see no reason for a vote.

I woudl like to say though, that I can only express my dissatisfaction with a Congress that so highly values the lives of convicted murderers, terrorist, and rapists, but puts such a low value on the lives of the innocent unborn.

I retract my bill from consideration.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 07:05:32 AM »

As this bill has now become irrelivant, I see no reason for a vote.

I woudl like to say though, that I can only express my dissatisfaction with a Congress that so highly values the lives of convicted murderers, terrorist, and rapists, but puts such a low value on the lives of the innocent unborn.

I retract my bill from consideration.
Sad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies