Nader's only issue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Nader's only issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nader's only issue  (Read 2211 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2004, 08:56:17 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2004, 08:59:35 PM by Better Red Than Dead »

Have you noticed that lately all the little crybaby has ran on is how mean the Democrats are to him? His site's daily updates basically consist of whining about who snubbed him now. Why should we take a guy seriously who can't run on anything other than those mean Democrats actually insisting that he follow election law!

But I have to laugh my ass off when he told Kerry to "call off his dogs".  Why should Kerry? You're the enemy Nader. You are Kerry's enemy, you are my enemy. If I saw you, I would spit on you. And if anyone asks me to sign a petition so you can taint the ballot in this state, I would spit on them. There is no reason Kerry shouldn't throw everything he has at your worthless ass. Here's a way to get us to quit harrasing and attacking you: DROP OUT. You worthless piece of crap.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 09:24:43 PM »

Nader supporters like to think that there's some huge anti-Nader conspiracy. In reality, the Democrats are just enforcing the laws to keep Nader off the ballot, because he hurts Kerry.
swarch
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 09:42:54 PM »

There's no anti-Nader conspiracy, but there's definitely an anti-third-party conspiracy. The ballot access requirements in many states primarily serve to perpetuate a two-party duopoly.

If the laws that apply to the private sector applied to politics, the DNC and RNC would be shut down on anti-trust and RICO grounds, and the principals would be headed off to prison.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:01:20 PM »

BRTD is a bit harsh, but I agree with his general point.

Nader spends his time attacking Kerry for his corporate interests and support for Iraq and then expects them to work together?  This guy is egotistical and has actually convinced himself that he's helping the Democrats win (by forcing them to go to the left he says).

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 10:12:59 PM »

There's no anti-Nader conspiracy, but there's definitely an anti-third-party conspiracy. The ballot access requirements in many states primarily serve to perpetuate a two-party duopoly.

If the laws that apply to the private sector applied to politics, the DNC and RNC would be shut down on anti-trust and RICO grounds, and the principals would be headed off to prison.

Not comperable. In a plurality winner takes all voting system, and with our electoral college system, more than 2 parties just don't work very well.
johngalt1234
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 03:25:07 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not comperable. In a plurality winner takes all voting system, and with our electoral college system, more than 2 parties just don't work very well.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seems like you have had first hand experience of more than 2 parties...Would love you to tell some about it?
swarch
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 02:36:22 PM »

Whether this is true or not, it doesn't excuse ridiculous ballot access laws and the partisan ways that they're enforced. If you're not aware of the shenanigans that occur in this area, scan some past issues of Ballot Access News at www.ballot-access.org. In brief, the duopoly often enjoy special status and give each other a pass on rules violations but hold third parties strictly to account or worse.
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 10:20:44 AM »

I agree with Nader on the fact that the Democrats have been very harsh to him. It just seems that Democrats don't like third parties "taking" votes that they seem to believe that they own. I thought that anybody could run for president in this country. Where in the rulebooks does it say "If you are not a Republican nor a Democrat, you have no right to run for President."?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 06:30:12 PM »

Where in the rulebooks does it say "If you are not a Republican nor a Democrat, you have no right to run for President."?

Where does it say that you can't challenge the votes legally?  If you submit faulty signatures then why shouldn't the Democrats be allowed to challenge them?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 06:57:28 PM »

Nader's only issue is the war
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 08:36:03 PM »

Naders only issue is his ego.
swarch
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 09:53:03 PM »

That is a TRUE statement if I've ever heard one!
Ding!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:02 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2004, 03:55:18 PM by John Ford »

I personally think Nader has a lot of issues.  He should see a psychiatrist about them.
badnarikin04

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 09:46:26 PM »

Where in the rulebooks does it say "If you are not a Republican nor a Democrat, you have no right to run for President."?

Where does it say that you can't challenge the votes legally?  If you submit faulty signatures then why shouldn't the Democrats be allowed to challenge them?

You are right about that. I was referring to the Democrats holding a grudge with Nader over 2000. But the fake signature issue reveals 2 things...

1. Nader is very, very desperate.

2. Ballot access needs to be made easier.
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 01:14:39 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2004, 03:08:11 PM by lidaker »

Unlike many liberals, who like to call Nader ugly names these days, I still like him. He's obviously someone who follows his intellect, which I find heroic and refreshing. He has every right to seek the presidency as many times as he wants to. Should possible Kerry voters vote for Nader, it's Kerry's "fault", not Nader's.
afcassidy
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 01:36:39 AM »

Talk about insane!  The tricks they're using to keep Nader off the ballot are sickening.  I think Peroutka and Badnarik will draw votes from Bush... but I'd still sign their petitions because they have a right to be on the ballot.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies