Important Annoucement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:09:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Important Annoucement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Important Annoucement  (Read 6481 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:04 PM »

I am still taking questions and reminding Atlasians that another cycle of reelecting all the liberals might permanently sink Atlasia into a hole it cannot climb out of.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »

My question is:

In what way have the "liberals" in Nyman sunk Atlasia?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »

My question is:

It is no one in particular, but the large bloc of liberals is driving away some of Atlasia's most prominent conservatives and others.  People who were senators just a few months ago, Phil, TN2024, have left and other prominent people like Naso, Assad, and States Rights have disappeared.  I fear that anymore of the current political makeup without balance and we could have others leaving as well.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »

Let's put it this way, its not hard to find a thread discussing the mass exodus of conservatives from the forum and that is carrying over to this board.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 08:04:51 PM »

My question is:

It is no one in particular, but the large bloc of liberals is driving away some of Atlasia's most prominent conservatives and others.  People who were senators just a few months ago, Phil, TN2024, have left and other prominent people like Naso, Assad, and States Rights have disappeared.  I fear that anymore of the current political makeup without balance and we could have others leaving as well.

So, the biggest problem with the liberal senators is that........conservatives decide to leave and they won seats? Hmmm....

Also, you fail to cite where they have actually gone wrong, but merely that they exist.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:19 PM »

My question is:

So, the biggest problem with the liberal senators is that........conservatives decide to leave and they won seats? Hmmm....

Also, you fail to cite where they have actually gone wrong, but merely that they exist.
There is no balance, that is the problem.  The problem is the bills are hardly being debated because everyone knows how every vote is going to go.  This cannot be attributed as your fault and in all honesty you know I am happy you are in the senate as I have stated numerous times.  But without balance and heated debate, nothing exciting happens.  There's hasn't been the excitement the excitement that surrounded the Acceptance of Science Bill in a long time
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

Fair enough. I am staisfied with the answers and appreciate the former senator taking the time to answer my questions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »

Fair enough. I am staisfied with the answers and appreciate the former senator taking the time to answer my questions.
I thank the senator as well for his question. 

On a side note, I have add Bono's pics he posted of southerner's celebrating after the Acceptance of Science Bill failed was the funniest moment of my tenure.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 08:02:15 AM »

A few questions

1] Are you saying we should throw out every liberal/moderate and replace them with a conservative majority?

2] Your reasons of balance is all fine and dandy, but that's fluff and I don't like fluff. What would a conservative Senate do better?

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »

My question is:

There is a difference between inactivity on the forum and inactivity in Atlasia (ftr the rumber of self decalred republicans/conservatives has been dropping on other forums like this) Secondly as president I did try to encourage the promotion of conservatives to public office (including Naso) however the actions of some conservatives, yourself included in the Senate brought Atlasian Conservatism into disrepute.

DWTL you contributed to the cause of the problem. I don't believe you are the solution.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »

My question is:

There is a difference between inactivity on the forum and inactivity in Atlasia (ftr the rumber of self decalred republicans/conservatives has been dropping on other forums like this) Secondly as president I did try to encourage the promotion of conservatives to public office (including Naso) however the actions of some conservatives, yourself included in the Senate brought Atlasian Conservatism into disrepute.

DWTL you contributed to the cause of the problem. I don't believe you are the solution.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »

My question is:

I cannot think of anyone who left the forum (spare TexasIndy) who left due to my actions, however, I cannot count the number on one hand who left because it was becoming too hard for conservatives to get anything done
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »

Remember, the campaign kicks off tonight!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »

Remember, the campaign kicks off tonight!

You have my endorsement.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »

Thank you, and to no surprise you have mine as well, however, I cannot speak on behalf of the whole Federalist party
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »

A few questions

1] Are you saying we should throw out every liberal/moderate and replace them with a conservative majority?

2] Your reasons of balance is all fine and dandy, but that's fluff and I don't like fluff. What would a conservative Senate do better?

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 07:00:51 PM »

A few questions

No, I am saying we need to bring a balance to the senate.  Right now a 6-4 liberal adv on economic issues and 8-2 advantage on social issues is not acceptable.  We need balance, as I have said before I never once called for Sens. such as Afleitch, Mr. Moderate, or possibly the most liberal Sen. SoS to be ousted.  I think we need to have a a balance, and when I say that I mean a balance.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's not fluff at all, I honestly want a balanced senate.  I think it is dangerous to continue with the current senate as it makes people want to leave the forum.  I think the ideal senate remains the senate I served in (when activity was at its peak during my forum stay), where there were 4 conservatives, four liberals and 2 swing votes.  That made the senate interesting and unpredictable, something it lacks heavily now.  I do not count on your support due to your blind hatred of certain people including myself, but I ask that maybe you rethink your notion of myself and other conservatives on this forum.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »

Answer the question pal, what would a conservative Senate do better? And I don't hate you, although I once did due to your past obnoxiousness. I would happily support you if I agreed with you on the issues.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »

Answer the question pal, what would a conservative Senate do better? And I don't hate you, although I once did due to your past obnoxiousness. I would happily support you if I agreed with you on the issues.
I will answer your question although the answer is meaningless as I am not advocating a staunch conservative senate.  A conservative senate would do more to lower the tax burden on Atlasia and cut down on wasteful governor spending.  It would also provide for a maximization of personal freedom.  However, this would also depend on the individual people.  The problem with the senate more than just blanket statements of liberalism is the individuals.  As noted, SoS is a good senator because he has what is best for the game at heart, that cannot be said for a lot of the senators.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »

That seems more to me like a libertarian senate.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 08:04:18 PM »

A few questions

No, I am saying we need to bring a balance to the senate.  Right now a 6-4 liberal adv on economic issues and 8-2 advantage on social issues is not acceptable.  We need balance, as I have said before I never once called for Sens. such as Afleitch, Mr. Moderate, or possibly the most liberal Sen. SoS to be ousted.  I think we need to have a a balance, and when I say that I mean a balance.
It's not fluff at all, I honestly want a balanced senate.  I think it is dangerous to continue with the current senate as it makes people want to leave the forum.  I think the ideal senate remains the senate I served in (when activity was at its peak during my forum stay), where there were 4 conservatives, four liberals and 2 swing votes.  That made the senate interesting and unpredictable, something it lacks heavily now.  I do not count on your support due to your blind hatred of certain people including myself, but I ask that maybe you rethink your notion of myself and other conservatives on this forum.

[/quote]
[/quote]

So you think voters shouldn't vote for the best candidate available, but rather, the one who would create the best balance?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:45 PM »

A few questions

[/quote]

So you think voters shouldn't vote for the best candidate available, but rather, the one who would create the best balance?
[/quote]
Depends on the situation, however, that shouldn't be a problem this election as I am clearly the best candidate in District 1.  The best candidate also encompasses a lot of factors, including balance which is something not unique to Atlasia
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »

Sadly the days of four-ways races like I had in August seem to be gone, we need the spark to bring them back.  Start by electing new senators in Districts 1 and 5
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »

Campaign kick-off in Balitmore went well, more stops ahead:

December 3: Atlanta, GA
December 5: Charlotte, NC

Anyone willing to sponsor a debate between myself and EarlAW and my other honorable opponent, SE Gov. Bacon King
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »

Campaign kick-off in Balitmore went well, more stops ahead:

December 3: Atlanta, GA
December 5: Charlotte, NC

Anyone willing to sponsor a debate between myself and EarlAW and my other honorable opponent, SE Gov. Bacon King

ANN may be willing to sponser.  I will set it up and probably act as moderator.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies