Democratic Presidential Debate -- Thursday, November 15, 2007 -- CNN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:05:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democratic Presidential Debate -- Thursday, November 15, 2007 -- CNN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Debate -- Thursday, November 15, 2007 -- CNN  (Read 8026 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »

Hillary won the debate by far (although Biden performed well - but really, he stands no chance).  Obama once again acted like a second-rate politician by giving a extremely confusing answer on drivers' licenses for illegals (hello?).  Edwards was really bad, frankly.

The chinks in the armor stopped last night.  And of course, Hillary planted the booers and I wouldn't be surprised if the questioners were planted as well by CNN.  What do you expect from her, Democrats?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »

Hillary won the debate by far (although Biden performed well - but really, he stands no chance).  Obama once again acted like a second-rate politician by giving a extremely confusing answer on drivers' licenses for illegals (hello?).  Edwards was really bad, frankly.

The chinks in the armor stopped last night.  And of course, Hillary planted the booers and I wouldn't be surprised if the questioners were planted as well by CNN.  What do you expect from her, Democrats?

At least you admit she cheated to win. I agree about Biden doing really well. I wouldn't have even considered voting for the guy in a general election six months ago, but today I certainly would.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2007, 07:58:21 PM »

In a nutshell: I dont even describe Hillary placing in the top 3 best performers of last night...let alone actually WINNING. Neither with Edwards and Obama but they both did "fair to good". I think the winners are along the lines of Dodd or Biden.

My ranking would go something like this...

1. Joe Biden
2. Chris Dodd
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Bill Richardson
5. Barack Obama
6. Dennis Kucicnich
7. John Edwards
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »

That debate & this thread are why I am becoming so disillusioned with politics, it's not even fun anymore.

Especially the complete moron in this thread who keeps referring to Kucinich as "the elf."  Damn, did you just think that one up?  I bet you chuckle to yourself every time you type it.

Can any of you people really trust these candidates?  Sure, some of them are more likeable than others (I don't think I've ever despised Hillary more), but John Edwards is a complete embarrassment and Obama is just crashing.

Hillary Clinton deserves jail time for planting booers in the audience BTW.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »

If I was running for President as a Democrat, the first thing I'd do is jettison that ridiculous drivers' licences for illegals idea.  I mean, it's nothing but 100% raw negatives.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »

Can someone please explain to me why Democrats collectively decided that John Edwards and Barack Obama were serious candidates and Christpher Dodd and Joseph  Biden are not?  Are Democratsd looking for a President or a movie star?

And did Bill Richardson eat Mike Gravel?  I think he might have.  We need to look into this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2007, 11:35:37 PM »

Can someone please explain to me why Democrats collectively decided that John Edwards and Barack Obama were serious candidates and Christpher Dodd and Joseph  Biden are not?  Are Democratsd looking for a President or a movie star?

And did Bill Richardson eat Mike Gravel?  I think he might have.  We need to look into this.

Richardson wouldn't have survived that. Gravel is poison.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2007, 11:36:51 PM »

Can someone please explain to me why Democrats collectively decided that John Edwards and Barack Obama were serious candidates and Christpher Dodd and Joseph  Biden are not?

The system of "tiers" is really annoying.  The parties and/or the media have basically decided how well the candidate will do based on what tier they have assigned them.  And I can't think of a single mainstream media source which doesn't now strictly adhere to this system of "tiers."

I certainly don't remember having this in previous nomination contests.

Either way, I don't see how a complete joke like John Edwards deserves to be polling above 1%.  I understand Obama's appeal, and tend to sympathize with his candidacy more, but he is turning into a real disappointment.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2007, 01:19:39 AM »

I agree strongly (and Ebowed makes some good points, also). I have 'issues' with Biden and Dodd, but the fact that the three 'top-tier' candidates running for the Democratic Nomination are pandering empty suits with little history of accomplishments or experience merely exemplifies the superficiality of Democratic partisans and the media.

Take Obama for example, who, in my opinion, is by far the most tolerable of the 'top-tier' candidates. The only reason why he's polling in second place is because he's an excellent public speaker. Give the same person a Chris Dodd personality and he'd be ridiculed on this board and by the media as a complete joke.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

The girl who asked Hillary the 'diamonds or pearls' question at the end had actually wanted to ask her about nuclear dumping at Yucca Mountain, but CNN ordered her to change it at the last minute to something fluffier.  What a pathetic excuse for a news network.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/diamond_v_pearl_student_blasts_1.php
gorkay

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

Well, the consensus seems to be that Hillary won the debate big time, and that Obama and Edwards hurt themselves with very poor performances. Edwards in particular seems to be losing a lot of ground with his new attack-dog mode.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »

Ron Paul should get the dem nomination.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »

What debate? As far as I'm concerned, it was so rigged we might as well call it one giant ad for Hillary Clinton. With guest appearances.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2007, 02:06:51 PM »

What debate? As far as I'm concerned, it was so rigged we might as well call it one giant ad for Hillary Clinton. With guest appearances.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2007, 02:15:07 PM by Day of the Dead »

I have to admit though, Biden did a stellar job again. He's really impressed me lately. And I'm saddened that the MSM decided to exclude Gravel yet again.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

The MSM is coronating her as president.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »

The MSM is coronating her as president.
Oh I agree totally. The only bright side is Obama has been beating her in fundraising.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »

What's annoying is all the hacks who are whining about how you shouldn't attack the front runner, that'll hurt us in the general election. These same hacks were attacking Dean 4 years ago.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »

What's annoying is all the hacks who are whining about how you shouldn't attack the front runner, that'll hurt us in the general election. These same hacks were attacking Dean 4 years ago.

And it killed Dean and hurt Kerry in the general election.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2007, 06:45:48 PM »

I'm kind of shocked this debate didn't end with Wolf Blitzer saying "Vote for Hillary... not the negro or the hick" into the camera.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

Joe Biden for President! lol.  But really, I think he still has a chance.  People may not notice it but he is gaining ground in Iowa.  He has the support of 15 members of the state legislature(Roughly), second behind only Hillary.  Also his numbers have been steadily creeping up since the debate season started.  He has passed Richardson in many Iowa polls.  He seems to be following the same sort of trend as Huckabee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies