Antilla Conservative Party HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Antilla Conservative Party HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Antilla Conservative Party HQ  (Read 3049 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:10:43 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2007, 02:20:11 PM by King Norris I of Atlasia »

ANTILLA CONSERVATIVE PARTY

Updates coming

Justice

The collapse of the former government has left Antilla in uncertain times. The ACP will establish a new police force, coordinated with strong community volunteers and neighborhood involvement. The ACP is also aware of the desire to preserve individual rights after a period of oppression, this is why the ACP will assure a universal Bill of Rights as well as instituting a system similar to the Miranda rights in the US.

Trade

An ACP government is committed to fair and free trade between nations, and would take steps to diversify markets by encouraging a competitive marketplace among other policies. Unions will only exist in democratic form, and secret ballots will be required for all Union votes. Union membership will never be required to work.

Education

The ACP believes in greater control of primary education by administrators, teachers, and parents. Decisions will take place for a large part on a provincial basis, with a nationwide examination of results every year. The government will publish a report on progress from each province every summer, leaving local educators to adjust their performance as felt required. Any district that is deemed required to or asking for additional federal aid can gain such by entering a 3 year period of administration where federal monies are largely increased to be used for improvement. The said district will also undergo a 3 year audit by the federal education board to determine what changes need to be made to prevent futher periods of administration.

Agriculture

The ACP is strongly committed to a strong agricultural infrastructure. An ACP led government would lead a broad review of farm aid, and reorganize our nation's agriculture to favor the individual farmer and market competition.

Environment

The ACP is determined make Antilla an efficient, clean, and productive country. A commission to be elected from the members of Parliament will undergo a one year review of the state of the environment in Antilla, as well as touring other Western countries to determine the right balance between industry and conservation.

Immigration

The ACP strongly supports the skilled, legal immigration our country currently needs. The ACP supports and idea of a point system that gives hardworking, educated, productive foreigners an accelerated path to citizenship. Illegal immigration is exactly that, illegal, and will be treated as such. A strong border patrol and enforcement force will be established to ensure the safety of Antillian citizens.

Social Policy

The ACP strongly opposes discrimination based on race, ability, sexuality, or personal choices. The ACP refuses to apply a blanket standard on Gay marriage or Civil unions, and prefers that the issue be decided on a provincial basis.

Military

Antilla's soldiers will be some of the best trained and equipped in the world. As we emerge from a period of oppression, revue is underway to determine what size and strength the Antillan military is required to have. The ACP does not believe a strong military should drive a government into debt, but it should be one of the top priorities of government. The ACP will always advocate a modern, effective, strong Navy.

Foreign Policy

The ACP believes that in order to avoid ever falling victim to despotism again, a strong alliance should be formed with the NATO countries. Antilla's position is unique, and our island is a crucial link between the Americas and Europe. We will protect ourselves by surrounding ourselves with countries invested in democracy and freedom. While not averse to aiding allies in peacekeeping and civilian missions, the ACP believes at this time Antilla cannot and should not commit to any foreign wars.

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »

I'd like to establish that I don't consider the ACP to mirror the US Republican Party, it will most likely be similar to the UK Tories, with a mixture of polices.

While Ilikeverin has expressed a desire to play the part of a more American brand of Conservative, I will not favour this.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:29:51 PM »

I strongly hope the PRD will find common ground on many issues as we seek to stablise the nation after the dark period of dictatorship. We need to open up both minds and markets Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:08:19 PM »

Well, we have a party rift, then! Smiley

What do we agree on?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »

I hope the Progressive Conservatives and the ACP can agree on various alliances/things etc.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »

I'm sorry about the lack of updates, I have a very busy schedule this week, updates hopefully coming this weekend.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:42 PM »

I'd like to invite the leader of the ACP to alliance/bloc talks with the Progressive Conservatives.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »

Updates coming this week as I am home until Monday.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »

Bump, first platform issues updated.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »

I think that's a pretty good platform, but I don't think we need the prospect of gay marriage to faze us at all; just forbid it and get it done with.  Oh, and we need to make sure English is the one true language of Antillia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies