Alabama - 2000

(1/4) > >>

nclib:
This is not a rhetorical question.

Anyhow, since Alabama had the highest Republican swing from 2000-2004 (and I imagine the GOP was unable to gain among black voters), there must have been significant white support for Gore in Alabama.

What is the explanation for those whites voting for Gore in 2000, and why did many switch to Bush in 2004?

Padfoot:
2000 Explanation:

Gore was a Southerner and was the VP for a Southern president.  He got about the same percentage as Clinton did in '92 and '96.

2004 Explanation:

Kerry was a Massachusetts liberal.  No further explanation needed.

WalterMitty:
Quote from: nclib on October 29, 2007, 07:46:35 PM

Anyhow, since Alabama had the highest Republican swing from 2000-2004 (and I imagine the GOP was unable to gain among black voters), there must have been significant white support for Gore in Alabama.

What is the explanation for those whites voting for Gore in 2000, and why did many switch to Bush in 2004?

i dont know if there was significant white support for gore in alabama.

the bush 04 campaign, thanks to gay marriage, was able to get a lot more evangelicals to the poll  in 04 than they did in 2000.

donna brazille, gore's campaign manager, did an excellent job in getting the black vote out for gore in 2000....a big reason why he was able to win florida.

gorkay:
I don't know if this is true or not, but I would guess that maybe the Gore campaign put more effort into states like Alabama, since they thought they might have a chance of winning some of them.

auburntiger:
Quote from: WalterMitty on October 30, 2007, 09:21:24 AM

Quote from: nclib on October 29, 2007, 07:46:35 PM

i dont know if there was significant white support for gore in alabama.

the bush 04 campaign, thanks to gay marriage, was able to get a lot more evangelicals to the poll  in 04 than they did in 2000.

donna brazille, gore's campaign manager, did an excellent job in getting the black vote out for gore in 2000....a big reason why he was able to win florida.

except Gore didn't win Florida

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page