What was the worst thing you ever did in school?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:45:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What was the worst thing you ever did in school?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What was the worst thing you ever did in school?  (Read 7489 times)
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

I started out b-a-d.  I stabbed another kid with a pencil in kindergarten, and it all went downhill from there...skipped every other day in high school until I dropped out altogether, I had to get a GED.

and now look at me at 26, a grad student at AU.  go figure.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »

im a well behaved person.  the worst thing i did in school was smoke.  only got caught once.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »

The bell fell off my sousaphone right before a performance at a JV football game during 9th grade...had to march with it all bent up.

That's about it, other than arguing with a few teachers at club meetings.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2007, 09:58:03 PM by ilikeverin »

In second grade, I got busted for rolling around on the ground with a female friend, in something that could have very easily been perceived as fighting or trying to imitate sex.  I had to sit 15 minutes on the curb during recess Shocked

In seventh grade, I bull rushed a kid about twice my weight and size after he stole my Reese's for about the 500th time consecutively.  He seemed just as surprised as me.  I was called into the office, but just to explain my side of the story; I didn't get in trouble.  Oddly, he seemed to like me a lot more after that, and now we're friendly acquaintances.

I've forgotten to do my homework once and a while, but that's not exactly new Tongue

However, as a sign of how well-behaved I am, I do my homework immediately upon coming home from school on school days, completely voluntarily and with no prompting from my parents whatsoever.  I much prefer that to the late nights everyone else seems to pull Wink
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

In 8th grade, I stole the faucet from the sink in the boy's locker room. I think I still have it in my room somewhere.

I also ditched Spanish Class for about 15 minutes just about everyday that year. My teacher didn't care because a) she liked me and b) I got A's on all the tests. I would just walk out of class at about 10:55 AM and return at about 11:08 AM.

Oh yeah, I used to also blast music from Jerry Bruckheimer films in the library during the passing period between 8th and 9th period. I'd go on a computer, go to his official website, turn up the volume all the way, and quickly leave. Never got caught, and I'm sure I pissed the librarians off. Or maybe they just liked the Top Gun Anthem too much. Either way, I was quite the hooligan back then.

Also, I'd just like to say that my middle school's internet blocker program was a complete joke.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 10:48:24 PM »

In high school, I peed in a can of white paint because we weren't allowed using the bathroom.

Right around the same time, someone shoplifted a Bert and Ernie flashlight on a field trip and used it to clog up the toilet.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 10:49:50 PM »

Also, in 7th grade, I said to the gym teacher, "Eat sh**t!" This was because he hit me with a ping-pong paddle.

The result: expulsion.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »

Someone was using a chair to jump up to make a slam dunk in P.E. freshman year.  I pulled the chair out from under him just as he jumped, so instead of going up, he just went straight forward.  It was perfect - he fell flat on his face.  Everyone laughed.  He wasn't very hurt, but he was humiliated.  Honestly I probably deserved suspension for that, but no one told the teacher.

In retrospect, I'm a total jackass but it was hilarious.  We're friends, now.  Which obviously makes it like 1% less morally reprehensible and awful.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »

In second grade I used to go up to our classroom during lunch with a friend and steal stuff from people's desks, including the teacher's. Mostly it was money and candy. Eventually my friend stopped coming with me, until one day when I was in there and he approached the room with another kid and 'caught' me. For this offense, I did in fact receive a paddling and in front of my father and grandparents who happened to be at school that day.

Besides that not much besides talking during class and doing random stupid crap.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »

Had sex in the dark room.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:26 AM »

People used to fart constantly when I was in school.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 11:11:42 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2007, 11:13:17 AM by Alcon »

And just to add to the bastardism:

When I was in first-grade at a private school, I would constantly screw with the water fountains so that it would either not work or squirt so far it would get the person using it soaking wet.

Eventually, I got caught.  They sent me to the principal.  We drew comics.  It wasn't much of a punishment.

I also spent all of first grade runing other kids' assignments.

It's really amazing that I didn't up being a petty criminal.  I got detention about every day of elementary school.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 12:00:45 PM »

Nothing really.  I remember getting pulled into the principals office in 2nd grade and was paddled, but I can't remember why.

Calling the matron a "ƒaucy wench of a diƒreputable qualitie", or snapping your slate tablet, perhaps?

hahaha

The Principal had a great paddle.  It was about a half-inch thick slab of oak with various holes drilled in it.  It was displayed proudly on his wall, and everyone that walked through that one section of the school (he had glass walls two sides of his office since it was on the corner) would see the paddle and be reminded that it does get used.  Once in a while, there would be a public display, with the Principal or one of his assistants walking into the office with the child to be punished, remove the paddle off the wall, and then walked into a secondary room which was adjacent to the principals office.  After a few seconds, the student would come out of the room, through the Principals office either wiping the tears away from his eyes or holding his butt.  The message was quite clear.  hahaha

Talking out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Lookin' out the window? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a padddlin'. Paddlin' the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

Gotta love corporal punishment. Glad we outlawed it here Smiley

Hey, I didn't get in trouble often.  Tongue  Learned my lesson real quick.  hahaha
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »

Hmmm... not sure really. I do recall kicking in a light switch.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 02:41:03 PM »

Nothing really.  I remember getting pulled into the principals office in 2nd grade and was paddled, but I can't remember why.

Calling the matron a "ƒaucy wench of a diƒreputable qualitie", or snapping your slate tablet, perhaps?

hahaha

The Principal had a great paddle.  It was about a half-inch thick slab of oak with various holes drilled in it.  It was displayed proudly on his wall, and everyone that walked through that one section of the school (he had glass walls two sides of his office since it was on the corner) would see the paddle and be reminded that it does get used.  Once in a while, there would be a public display, with the Principal or one of his assistants walking into the office with the child to be punished, remove the paddle off the wall, and then walked into a secondary room which was adjacent to the principals office.  After a few seconds, the student would come out of the room, through the Principals office either wiping the tears away from his eyes or holding his butt.  The message was quite clear.  hahaha

Talking out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Lookin' out the window? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a padddlin'. Paddlin' the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

Hey, I didn't get in trouble often.  Tongue  Learned my lesson real quick.  hahaha
The principal actually cut holes to reduce wind resistance? Badass.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 02:43:14 PM »

I'm telling ya, it was an impressive paddle.  Even now the thought of it triggers something in the back of my head warning me to behave.  hahaha
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

Nothing major. Just Harry Potter style high japes with teachers and priests.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »

hahaha

Ahh, the good ole' days.  Those were great ego bruising (not to mention, butt bruising) devices.

You do that nowadays and the principal is not only out of a job, but his or her life is made a living hell until the day he dies.  Heck, parents do that and they are accused of child abuse.  That troubles me.  How am I supposed to discipline my child.  Do I have to ask the government how to discipline MY child?  If I need to spank my child, I will do so.

I am glad that the schools are not allowed to spank, but the parents should be in control of how to discipline their own children, not the government.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 03:54:48 PM »

Does checking forums in technology class count as "bad", even when it's checking THIS forum?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »

I am glad that the schools are not allowed to spank,

In Kentucky they are.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »

Did you get caught?  What happenned to you? I seriously can't think of anything one could do in school around here that would be more taboo. You might even get a visit from Al Sharpton.

Well, we only have probably 15 black kids in the entire school, but our school got an award for the ADL, so they're very intolerant of intolerance
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2007, 05:48:58 PM »

What's with your "s"?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »

What's with your "s"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_s
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

I got mad at a girl in second grade and pulled her skirt down. I lied and said it was an accident but man, I can only imagine what would happen if I did that today.

Nothing else comes close to that. I cheated on a test in high school and got caught [because another student told on me WTF?] but I got off with a warning.
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 05:54:40 AM »

Showed up completely hammered for First Block( 11th) , helped rewire our Rival School( 9th)  Participated in Student Walkout(11th) when they were threatening to do away with advanced classes......Chewed gum in Orchestra class......Called my German teacher an Old Witch........Refused to take off a shirt with a Battleflag on it unless the kid next to me in a Malcom X shirt had to change his.  Did a science project on the liquid capacity of the major condom brands.....Not real *major* but more annnoying.........

The funny thing was....all my teachers *LOVED* me.   My baby sister is now a Junior at the same school( 12 years later) and the teachers that were there when I was ask how I'm doing....it *really* ticks her off
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies