are there any libertarian US states? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:45:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  are there any libertarian US states? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: are there any libertarian US states?  (Read 9595 times)
struct310
Rookie

« on: August 14, 2004, 01:05:12 PM »

in addition to those three, also kind of Delware, Oregon and Wyoming and Montana, and Arizona and Idaho outside of the Mormons.

I don't see why Arizona and Idaho could be called socially moderate and I don't see why Oregon would be economically conservative.

Arizona, come on, John McCain, Barry Goldwater, Jim Kolbe, Jeff Flake? Lots of Arizona Republicans dislike the religious right. And the Phoenix area is full of lots of wealthy folks who don't care about social issues and just vote Republican based on economics, remember I said except the Mormons (yeah I know Flake is a Mormon but his voting record is more like Ron Paul). The non-Mormons in Idaho are mostly militia-types who don't really care about social issues. And Oregon isn't really economically conservative, but it has become a haven of people coming from California because of taxes, and has no sales tax.
But you are crazy to think that the state is libertarian.  Barry and Jim dont count.  Jims gay and Barrys dead.  Jim of course would be socially moderate.  McCain is more fiscally liberal, but hes incredibly socially conservative.  Flake is a big time social conservative.  I live in Flakes district and have met him many times.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies