List what you agree with the opposite Party With.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:52:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  List what you agree with the opposite Party With.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: List what you agree with the opposite Party With.  (Read 2412 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 07:50:46 AM »

(I also support legalizing prostitution)

Shocked...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »

I don't agree with any party enough to become a member, hence the green avatar. (I know I sound like a Republican now, but just wait when the issue focus is more on foreign policy or social issues).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »

Yes, that's not that unpopular on this site. Opebo benefits greatly from those services and I am thinking about getting that type of social director if my career takes off before my love/sex life gets back on track. I like to joke that I want to get back into sack by getting back to work...or vice versa (maybe the person I screw will give me good job leads Tongue)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

I know, that talking point's almost as dumb now as when it was tried on Kerry.

I was actually being sarcastic. I only said that because the Republicans used it against him in the campaign because National Review or National Journal or whatever rated him as the most liberal Senator, and it wasn't meant as an attack, because I'm a liberal as well, that's why I voted for the more progressive Democrat in the primaries Smiley
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »

that's why I voted for the more progressive Democrat in the primaries Smiley
Kucinich?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »

I know, that talking point's almost as dumb now as when it was tried on Kerry.

I was actually being sarcastic. I only said that because the Republicans used it against him in the campaign because National Review or National Journal or whatever rated him as the most liberal Senator, and it wasn't meant as an attack, because I'm a liberal as well, that's why I voted for the more progressive Democrat in the primaries Smiley

Hillary was more progressive but Obama was more liberal. Liberals may want progressive to be a euphemism for liberal, but they are different words with different meanings.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »

I agree with the current Republican Party on very, very little.

Because I balk at some things Democrats want to do with regard to gun laws doesn't mean I can embrace the current climate in the GOP regarding firearms.  I favor the right to own and carrying permitted handguns. I do not favor the right to immediate access to said firearms.  I favor the right to own shotguns and rifles.  But I do not favor the use of magazines capable of dispensing large amounts of ammunition -- either fully or semi-automatically.  So I am kind of between the parties on guns.  I'm not comfortable with some Democratic ideas I've heard bandied about either -- like the one kook (wish I could remember his name) who proposed a ban on all firearms including muzzleloaders!

I suppose -- as liberal as I am on health care (I want single payer, socialized medicine) -- I would be quite ready to compromise with Republicans on tort reform.  And I agree with them that something needs to be done about frivilous consumer lawsuits.  It's one thing to sue a chemical company for befouling the water table and possibly causing a birth defect or cancer.  It's quite another to sue a restaurant chain because it served hot coffee.

On military matters, I'm not at home in either party.  My views are pretty complex.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies