Live from Detroit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:56:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live from Detroit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Live from Detroit  (Read 1925 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Will you pressure the Harper government to give Ontario independence or atleast recognize Ontario as a distinct society within a Canadian nation?
Not before New Brunswick.

No.

Will you encourage Danny Williams to go to Ottawa and hug Stephen Harper and make peace and do high-fives?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

Joe, as I have said, I will not comment on anything related to GPorter's campaign.

Don't be ridiculous - you're part of his campaign!  How can we possibly expect to consider you two a team if you refuse to comment on each other's policies and beliefs?  How can anybody be expected to support gporter's policies if even his own running mate won't?

Answer my previous question.

But my campaign for Senate is not the place to ask questions about GPorter and my campaign.

To answer your question, we are not at war with Canada, but I will not address GPorter's comments here.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 04:10:22 PM »

Will you pressure the Harper government to give Ontario independence or atleast recognize Ontario as a distinct society within a Canadian nation?

No.

Will you encourage Danny Williams to go to Ottawa and hug Stephen Harper and make peace and do high-fives?

This is a Canadian issue that the Canadians must address amongst themselves.  My personal opinion is that Harper is going to cause more problems for himelf if he continues his "wars" with the provinces.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »

No.

This is a Canadian issue that the Canadians must address amongst themselves.  My personal opinion is that Harper is going to cause more problems for himelf if he continues his "wars" with the provinces.

Yes, but you know, our Official Opposition leader is too... umm stupid to address it, so we look to our southern brothers for guidance.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 04:33:33 PM »

But my campaign for Senate is not the place to ask questions about GPorter and my campaign.

Now that excuse I can buy.

(Although given that you're going to lose both elections in landslides, I hardly think it matters.)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 04:43:59 PM »

No.

Yes, but you know, our Official Opposition leader is too... umm stupid to address it, so we look to our southern brothers for guidance.

Getting involved in name-calling conflicts and other small conflicts where basic human aren't violated will only cause trouble for Atlasia.

I hate to run, but I am flying back out to Portland to campaign.  I'll be back in the Mideast shortly.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 04:46:56 PM »

No.

Getting involved in name-calling conflicts and other small conflicts where basic human aren't violated will only cause trouble for Atlasia.

I hate to run, but I am flying back out to Portland to campaign.  I'll be back in the Mideast shortly.

How is Stephane Dion in any way related to Atlasia?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

No.

Who did you think Gporter was all this time?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »

No.

Who did you think Gporter was all this time?

Now I get it!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »

Question asked by Emirates News to all candidates:

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc, environmental issues, democratic reform etc.)? If you need more info, look at my PM scores.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 01:30:02 AM »

Question asked by Emirates News to all candidates:

Why should a centrist and moderate news firm like us endorse your candidacy? In what ways would you appeal to our politics and major themes (secularism, law/justice etc, environmental issues, democratic reform etc.)? If you need more info, look at my PM scores.

Fmr. Governor Inks.LWC on speaker phone:

I am not sure of youre exact stances on these issues, becuase numbers don't give me how you feel on which of those issues, so I'll just summarize my views:

Secularism: The government should not be involved in promoting or discriminating against any religion.  A national (or regional) religion would be unconstitutional, but this does not mean that religious interests and materials should be forbade from all government buildings or institutions.

Law/justice: I believe that nobody is above the law, and all criminals should be punished duly for their crime(s).  I support the death penalty for cases which have been proven using DNA evidence.

Environmental Issues: I take the stance that we should conserve what natural environment we have left, by not touching state or national parks, while also expanding to add aditional reserves.  We should be exploring alternative fuels, but not at the expense of the government.  The government should offer incentives for people to be environmentally friendly, and should not hinder environment-friendly projects.

Democratic Reform: I believe that voters should be allowed to edit their votes within a reasonable time frame of posting.  I am a firm believer in our current system of preferential voting.  I think that voters should have the choice between at least 2 declared candidates, and this is the reason that I am running for Senate.

If you have any more questions, please hold off until I return to the Mideast after my appearance in Portland, OR.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies