Northeast Propositions for the month of October
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:17:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Propositions for the month of October
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Northeast Propositions for the month of October  (Read 6029 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »

Health Insurance Option Restoration Act
1. No state, county, municipality, or other political subdivision within the Northeast Region shall impose a tax penalty based on a resident's decision to not purchase privately offered health insurance.
2. States, counties, municipalities, and other political subdivisions shall retain the option, where applicable, to impose tax penalties on businesses and corporations based on their refusal to offer health insurance coverage to employees.

X  Mr. Moderate

X Verily
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 12:50:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rockefeller Republican
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

I've realized that current court rulings require that health care bills be introduced at the Regional level. Therefore:

Children’s Health Care Act
1.   The Northeast shall establish a system to the cover the costs of health care for all residents and citizens of the Northeast under the age of 18.
2.   All medical services, including preventative treatment, prescription drugs and dental care, will be covered under this system.
3.   All subsidies to health insurance agencies from the government of the Northeast are hereby reduced by one-third.

X Verily
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »

X Colin Wixted on the Children's Health Care Intiative
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 05:19:25 PM »

X Rockefeller Republican
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »

X Lief
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »

x. I would prefer it cover everyone though.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »

x Hashemite on Verily's healthcare prop.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2007, 06:07:55 PM »

Working on it; maybe next month. It will be a lot more complicated, though.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

And a lot more costly.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2007, 07:42:37 PM »

And a lot more costly.

Perhaps, perhaps not. However, it is worth it.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2007, 08:04:38 PM by Mr. Moderate »

Since no one has been recording the legislation passed by the Northeast, I think this particular law is worth debating.  It essentially "resets" our government to July 1, 2007.  It keeps our constitution and its amendments, but dumps all laws passed prior to 7/1/07.

The purpose is to assure and facilitate the Lieutenant Governor's task (provided said legislation passes) of maintaining an accurate and comprehensive listing of legislation passed by the General Assembly.

Northeastern Region Legislation Standardization Act

1. The Northeast Regional Assembly finds that:
     a. The Northeast Region has been operating for a period of several years without active recording of the laws and regulations passed by the General Assembly.
     b. The Northeast Region is unable to adequately provide services to the public and keep its own fiscal house in order when it is unaware of what services it is required by law to provide.

2. Therefore, the Northeast Regional Assembly moves to:
     a. Hereby repeal all laws passed by the General Assembly prior to July 1, 2007.
     b. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any parts of the Northeast Region constitution, or any Amendments to said document passed prior to July 1, 2007.
     c. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any laws passed by its member states, counties, municipalities, or other political subdivisions prior to July 1, 2007.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »

And a lot more costly.

Oh, I agree that it's worth it.  I just want to make sure we have a plan to pay for it.  Has the Northeast levied a tax ever ever ever?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2007, 08:14:14 PM »

And a lot more costly.

Oh, I agree that it's worth it.  I just want to make sure we have a plan to pay for it.  Has the Northeast levied a tax ever ever ever?

We were supposed to have a budget in January; I think the Governor didn't do anything about it though.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2007, 08:29:51 PM »

a. The Northeast Region has been operating for a period of several years without active recording of the laws and regulations passed by the General Assembly.
     b. The Northeast Region is unable to adequately provide services to the public and keep its own fiscal house in order when it is unaware of what services it is required by law to provide.

b. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any parts of the Northeast Region constitution, or any Amendments to said document passed prior to July 1, 2007.
     c. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any laws passed by its member states, counties, municipalities, or other political subdivisions prior to July 1, 2007.

Forgot to sign.

X  Mr. Moderate

1.   The Northeast shall establish a system to the cover the costs of health care for all residents and citizens of the Northeast under the age of 18.
2.   All medical services, including preventative treatment, prescription drugs and dental care, will be covered under this system.
3.   All subsidies to health insurance agencies from the government of the Northeast are hereby reduced by one-third.

X  Mr. Moderate
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »

x Hashemite for the Northeastern Region Legislation Standardization Act
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2007, 11:28:26 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2007, 11:35:46 PM by Verily »

Theft from TCash and the Southeast! Scandal!

Adoption Reform Bill
1.   No adoption of a child in the Northeast shall be denied solely on the basis of the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.
2.   No government agency overseeing adoptions in the Northeast shall inquire as to the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.

X Verily

And X Verily on the Northeastern Region Legislation Standardization Act. Will greatly reduce Rocky's work, and a good idea. Better to just start over at this point. There's not much legislation voided by that law anyway.

And a lot more costly.

That too. It will definitely have to involve an income tax hike as well as the health taxes we've been considering. Fortunately, abolishing subsidies entirely will put a great deal towards funding, and companies will be expected to pay more to make up for the (presumable) disappearance of corporate health insurance policies. (After all, corporate health insurance would no longer be all that much of a draw to potential employees, meaning it would probably be dropped.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2007, 11:35:03 PM »

Theft from TCash and the Southeast! Scandal!

Adoption Reform Bill
1.   No adoption of a child in the Northeast shall be denied solely on the basis of the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.
2.   No government agency overseeing adoptions in the Northeast shall inquire as to the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.

X  Mr. Moderate
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

X Jack Polnut

X Jack Polnut

Adoption Reform Bill

X Jack Polnut

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »

It now looks like we'll have 7 or 8 pieces of legislation up for vote on the weekend of October 19-21. I'll update the list on my Lieutenant Governor's thread.

X Rockefeller Republican

X Rockefeller Republican
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »

x on Verily's bill. I oppose any sweeping changes to earlier legislation, however and I will be voting nay. I hope my coleagues can see the light and do the same. It's not that difficult to find old legislation if you use the search function.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »

x on Verily's bill. I oppose any sweeping changes to earlier legislation, however and I will be voting nay. I hope my coleagues can see the light and do the same. It's not that difficult to find old legislation if you use the search function.

Just find all the northeast voting booths from the last year or two years.  There won't be that many.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2007, 06:41:52 AM »

The search function is my enemy because every time I use it it's useless.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »

The search function is my enemy because every time I use it it's useless.

I, too, have found the Search function useless for finding anything on this forum.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »

I promise I'll do it, if y'all vote nay on Moderate's bill.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies