Bloomberg: Net Worth.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bloomberg: Net Worth.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg: Net Worth....  (Read 6794 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: September 22, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »

Good for Bloomberg. I really hope he decides to run for president. I don't think I'd vote for him, but Americans need to hear a new voice who can actually afford to finance his own campaign. 
How is he a new voice? You'd be surprised to find any difference between him and the democrats running. I guess there's his support for gay marriage?

The most important part for me is that Bloomberg has demonstrated himself to be extremely capable. No candidate running from either party (except Richardson) has any serious record of success.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

Good for Bloomberg. I really hope he decides to run for president. I don't think I'd vote for him, but Americans need to hear a new voice who can actually afford to finance his own campaign. 
How is he a new voice? You'd be surprised to find any difference between him and the democrats running. I guess there's his support for gay marriage?

The most important part for me is that Bloomberg has demonstrated himself to be extremely capable. No candidate running from either party (except Richardson) has any serious record of success.
Bloomberg would certainly be very capable.

I'd say these people have been successful:
Dodd
Biden
Richardson
Romney
Giuliani- (crime)
McCain

Biden? Dodd? McCain? They've done a lot of politicking in the Senate. That's not success or achievement. Romney? All he did was stonewall the state congress and get his veto overridden more often than not. He gave up trying to do anything a couple of months into his term. Giuliani's gets some credit for reducing crime but loses all of that credit for doing it in a divisive way and for really not achieving anything else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies