Bloomberg: Net Worth....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bloomberg: Net Worth....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg: Net Worth....  (Read 6738 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »

In 2006 Michael R. Bloomber was worth $5.3 billion dollars and placed number 44 on the Forbes 400 Richest Americans List.

Today, Bloomberg is worth $11.5 billion and is placed number 25.

That's and increase of 117%

Rumored to have been wanting to run for president, people said willing to spend 1 billion. I guess if he wanted now, he can spend his old networth.

Forgot to add this tidbit:
Bloomberg made over the past year....
$6.2 bill for the year
$515 mill per month
$17 mill per day
$710,00 per hour
$11,800 per minute
$197 per second

He has also given away $715 mill over the past 5 years.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:00:57 PM »

Two comments: 1) We need a 70% top income/capital gains tax rate, and 2) complete public financing of campaigns. 
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:40:54 PM »

Good for Bloomberg. I really hope he decides to run for president. I don't think I'd vote for him, but Americans need to hear a new voice who can actually afford to finance his own campaign. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »

Good for Bloomberg. I really hope he decides to run for president. I don't think I'd vote for him, but Americans need to hear a new voice who can actually afford to finance his own campaign. 

Americans have been hearing from the rich since that sad land was founded.  The rarity is hearing from a commoner, RR.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »

Americans have been hearing from the rich since that sad land was founded.  The rarity is hearing from a commoner, RR.

Yeah, and you being the model working man should lead the way.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 05:57:10 PM »

Yeah, and you being the model working man should lead the way.

You really think I am suggesting myself as a leader of anything, supersalty?  Just because I point out the obvious doesn't mean I think I should be a leader of the Obvious Movement. 

But I assume you do not dispute my point.

Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »

How is he a new voice? You'd be surprised to find any difference between him and the democrats running. I guess there's his support for gay marriage?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »

Two comments: 1) We need a 70% top income/capital gains tax rate, and 2) complete public financing of campaigns. 

Public financing - as in donations or as in money paid equally to all candidates from the government (i.e.: tax dollars go to candidates)?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »

How is he a new voice? You'd be surprised to find any difference between him and the democrats running. I guess there's his support for gay marriage?

Well, he's a successful businessman, which is always a big plus in my book. Most people don’t agree with me on this, but I think anyone that can run a company effectually could probably do a halfway decent job as President. And New Yorkers seem to enjoy his job as mayor, and if there’s all this fuss over Giuliani for president, why not Bloomberg?  But what I really mean by new voice is that he is not beholden to either party, so he can be more outspoken about his pet issues without having to worry about angering the party. He’s like Perot in that aspect.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »

The most important part for me is that Bloomberg has demonstrated himself to be extremely capable. No candidate running from either party (except Richardson) has any serious record of success.
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »

The most important part for me is that Bloomberg has demonstrated himself to be extremely capable. No candidate running from either party (except Richardson) has any serious record of success.
Bloomberg would certainly be very capable.

I'd say these people have been successful:
Dodd
Biden
Richardson
Romney
Giuliani- (crime)
McCain
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

Bloomberg would certainly be very capable.

I'd say these people have been successful:
Dodd
Biden
Richardson
Romney
Giuliani- (crime)
McCain

Biden? Dodd? McCain? They've done a lot of politicking in the Senate. That's not success or achievement. Romney? All he did was stonewall the state congress and get his veto overridden more often than not. He gave up trying to do anything a couple of months into his term. Giuliani's gets some credit for reducing crime but loses all of that credit for doing it in a divisive way and for really not achieving anything else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies