Has the forum run it's race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:57:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has the forum run it's race?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Has the forum run it's race?  (Read 4026 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 11:04:47 PM »

Personally, I don't care what political viewpoint people at this forum post from as long as they analyze things evenly and don't do too much cheerleading (which gets really annoying after a while).
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »

I think the PM speaks volumes about the current forum party demographics.  However I think the parties are equally represented when it comes to actual posts.  The forum is pretty much dominated by a few outspoken members of both parties. 

Also, I have to agree that the thing Naso really cares about is social conservatism and most of the forum Republicans don't have that as their primary issue.  Usually they are lamenting the lack of fiscal responsibility being shown in Washington.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 11:29:55 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2007, 11:35:04 PM by Buckeye Mike »

I think that might be it. I am a social conservative and stress social conservative values while the few active Republican posters here are more economic conservatives. I care more about the morals of society than Washington spending...even though spending has been crazy under this President.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 12:10:48 AM »

No, the forum is fine.

Perhaps the smaller number of conservative forumers is simply reflective of the national mood? Conservatives/Republicans aren't very popular right now, with very high disapproval ratings Bush and what not. Just a crazy idea I thought I'd throw out there.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 02:25:41 AM »

It should be noted that rather than fewer people being Republicans I think a lot of them are demoralized at the moment - it isn't a lot of fun to have to defend all the stuff that Bush has done, for instance. So they may be less active, less likely to join internet forums and so on.

Secondly, rather than Erasehead's somewhat condescending notion that rural people don't know how to use the internet I suspect it's a generational ppoint. In case someone missed it the average age of the forum is something like 17 (hyperboling slightly Tongue) and that leads to more Democrats, more libertarians and above all fewer sociall conservatives.

But the forum still displays a very wide variety of political opinions, from fascist to libertarian to liberal to communist and so on. I think that's pretty good and I think it'd be hard to get anything more diverse than this.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »

I will say, it has been quiet as far as "interesting" news and non-politic threads lately, but the forum itself is alive and well.  Once we get closer to the election, not only will things pick up around here, but you will see a wave of new individuals come in as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »

I think that might be it. I am a social conservative and stress social conservative values while the few active Republican posters here are more economic conservatives. I care more about the morals of society than Washington spending...even though spending has been crazy under this President.

What is PM score anyway Naso? (Just curious.)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »

Off topic, but how do you get the political matrix scores map?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »

Off topic, but how do you get the political matrix scores map?

https://uselectionatlas.org/BOTTOM/site_pm.php

(Button on top of page labelled "PM")
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »

Personally, I don't care what political viewpoint people at this forum post from as long as they analyze things evenly and don't do too much cheerleading (which gets really annoying after a while).

^^^
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »

^^^

Hey... it's a social conservative!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 02:30:27 PM »

Economic score: +2.19
Social score: +6.09
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »

Economic score: +2.19
Social score: +6.09

Right on Reagan as expected.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 03:10:39 PM »

while the only real Republicans left are mostly more "rinos" (KEmperor, Andrew Berger, Walter Mitty, ect).
Just because they're not neo-cons doesn't mean they're liberals.

I am.

I thought you were "liberal on sex issues", Naso?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »

Nancy liked it, so it couldn't be all that bad.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

How is the forum biased?  There are a lot of Republican posters (too many for my taste, but they're welcome to post), hence the abundance of pro-life postings.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

What? a social conservative is acknowledging the people like Kemp, Berger, and Mitty are Republicans?

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies