THIRD Boss Abortion Act! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:26:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  THIRD Boss Abortion Act! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THIRD Boss Abortion Act!  (Read 4475 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:22:53 AM »

I urge the Senate to oppose this. I feel that 90 days is much too restrictive for women who live in rural areas such as where I live, who would have to travel hundreds of miles to an abortion clinic and may be unable to get time off of work on such short notice. Women often do not know they are pregnant until 30-45 days into the pregnancy, leaving perhaps only 6 weeks in which to obtain the abortion. I would like to know what the members of the Senate think that a woman who lives far from an abortion clinic and works full time at a job that is difficult to get time off from should do in this case. Or what about women who do not have access to their own car, and thus cannot easily make this trip on such short notice?

I also realize I am not a senator and thus my questions probably won't be answered, but what would the punishment be for having an abortion after 90 days? Would it be considered equivalent to murder? Thus, in some states, women and doctors could both get the death penalty for a 91st day abortion? I'd like some clarification as to exactly what the punishment is for having an abortion after this deadline, both for the mother and the doctor.

I support a 150 day deadline, as this is approximately the record for the earliest that a fetus has been born in a pregnancy and survived outside the womb.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies